I would like to announce the release of SbK Pantheon 23.1.0.
Please read this post up to at least the feature list before downloading.*
The SpinsbyKilz.com watermark is not present on the installed system.
Please take note of the white drop down in the screenshot below.
This is a developmental release. There are theming problems with the wing panel. No changes or fixes last a logout and login or a reboot, the drop downs revert to a white background. Please look at the C screenshot. I have reported the bug of themes not working with the drop downs, and its likely a matter of time before its fixed., I wont be offering support for this iso, its as is.
Pantheon uses a lot of the Gnome desktop . Some of the files that Gnome uses had to be changed or removed to create a working Manjaro installer. Because of this it is really not possible to install Gnome as a second desktop in the installed OS.
Pantheon is rather new to Manjaro. It is under a lot of development. In the recient past updates have made the desktop unusable. I highly recommend leaving timeshift-autosnap installed. If you remove it please make a restore point before each upgrade. That way a bad update is easily rolled back leaving you with a working desktop.
The iso includes:
- The 6.6.6 LTS kernel.
- The New KoraSpin-Mint9 icon theme with light and dark versions.
- The new SpinThemeDarkMint12, matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
- The new Usplash-18.104.22.168 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
- Minimize control for windows.
- Avilable updates are shown in Conky.
- The iso’s are up to date as of 12/17/2023.
- An optional Firefox theme, SbK Dark Mint12, that matches the color scheme is available at Firefox Themes just click on the image in Firefox to install it.
The iso also contains the standard SbK features.
- The latest LTS kernel.
- A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible. In the full iso there are also a lot of packages used to build packages installed. AUR packages are not supported by Arch or Manjaro.
- It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
- The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
- A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso’s visit Check ISO
- Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
- Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
- All SbK iso’s contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install.
- Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.
As always comments, suggestions, requests are always welcome, just post below.
This completes the 22.214.171.124 series. For more up to date info on the SbK project, check out the news page.