Panel Icons Not Working Correctly After Update

After the most recent update the icons on the bottom panel no longer stack. They are just static buttons and the only way for me to switch is to alt+tab. I used to be able to hover over one and it would show me all of the windows open from that program, with a little green + at the bottom to indicate that there was more than one open. And now, they work more like desktop icons.

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 6.0.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 6.3.0
Qt Version: 6.7.2
Kernel Version: 6.6.40-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: llvmpipe

Have you tried right-clicking an empty space on the panel, then “Show Alternatives” and maybe picking the middle one? … see if that makes any difference?

I have to ask: how long is it since you previously updated?
… do you have any untended .pacnew files? pacdiff -o will reveal these, if any.

Also, a bit more system info may be helpful: inxi -zv8 (jughlight the pasted output in your reply, then click the </> button at the top of the reply window.

Another thing to try is to create a second fresh user account, switch to that and see if the issue still happens there.

Cheers!

1 Like

I have done this by accident. You have the System Tray widget floating.

Moving them around I found unreliable. So I just go into Edit Mode (right click taskbar), hover over the widget, and remove. And just add a new System Tray widget to the task bar.

1 Like

Honestly I’m new to Linux and have no idea how to do anything of these. I don’t even have a “Show Alternatives” option.

Adding a new widget just repeats the process.

Then the first thing you need to learn is to right click on a empty space in the task bar and click “Enter Edit mode” Personally I have trouble navigating the edit process, but then I’m kind of old and get confused, especially since they changed a few things.

Hey, i figured it out. I had the wrong panel there. Apparently the update added a extra default one, but I added a new panel to the top, deleted the default one, then moved the top one down. Thank you for the fast replies!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.