Panel appears over fullscreen video when clicking on other monitor

Small issue that has been annoying me for a while. On a dual monitor setup, I can’t do anything on my second monitor without the panel popping up on a fullscreen video over the first. Clicking back on the video makes the panel disappear again.

Can’t embed links or images because brand new account I assume, will update when able. Hopefully this description makes sense.

Am I missing something obvious? Is there a way to suppress the panel under fullscreen video even if I’m on the other monitor?

Hi,

i can confirm that, but that didn’t bother me. I just use the monitor without a panel to watch full screen videos. Couldn’t figure out how to solve this, but you can auto hide the panel as workaround.

Greetz

Glad I’m not the only one. Hopefully there’s a permanent fix eventually. Thanks!

This behavior seems to be on purpose.

1 Like

Additionally i would say that xfwm4 handles a full screen as normal window. When you click on another Window “Desktop” or “Firefox” it focus on that plus the panel. That because it focus on a mouse click.

The PiP Method of Firefox for example has no effect on that. But it minimize when Firefox gets minimized.

Update

The “always on top” feature solved this for me. Create a key shortcut and use this command there:

wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,above

I made a key shortcut for hiding the panel and one for unhiding, which I use for this purpose. I wonder if I could make a toggle key shortcut instead…