Pamac shows updates available in tray icon, shows "No package found"

Since Thursday, right after the last major update, Pamac’s icon showed there’s an update, but clicking it showed “No package found”, although the apply button was enabled.

Clicking on the apply button back in Thursday resulted in Pamac seemingly updating its package database, announcing my system is up to date (but the icon still showed there are updates available).

Today, I’ve tried clicking on the Apply button again, even though it still showed “No package found”. This time, it did find some updates and installed them, but it didn’t show me what was about to be updated (still kept showing “No package found” during the whole thing). After that update, Pamac’s icon returned to show no update available.

I don’t know if I can reproduce it, or if it’s a known issue, just reporting it here, FWIW.

I have a screenshot of the update that did work (while still showing no package found) if anyone is interested.

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

The issue has been reported before, but it’s nothing to worry about. The thing is that Pamac may be telling you there are updates because of a change of packages in the repository, but if the pertinent versions of those packages on your own system are newer, then of course, you won’t be able to update.

The situation probably occurred because earlier on, a newer version of Pamac was pushed out, and many did install it, but there were still issues with this newer version, and it was pulled again and replaced in the repo with the “older” version ─ i.e. the version of Pamac from before the problematic new Pamac was pushed out.

Here’s how to solve it… Open up a terminal and issue the following command… :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -Syuu

And that’s all there is to it. The double u option to pacman in the command above allows for downgrades. In general it’s not recommended to downgrade because it may lead to breakage, but in this case, it is warranted.

After completing the procedure as I’ve explained above, the update warning should go away. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.