Pamac Plasma-Tray-Icon

Happend multiple times throughout the day.

Don’t know yet, I don’t always notice when it does. Seems to happen regularly but not immediatly after starting it (again).

$ coredumpctl | tail
Sat 2020-08-29 13:45:35 CEST   2083  1000  1000   6 present   /usr/bin/pamac-tray-plasma
Sun 2020-08-30 19:38:55 CEST   2952  1000  1000   6 present   /usr/bin/pamac-tray-plasma
Mon 2020-08-31 08:39:02 CEST   3246  1000  1000   6 present   /usr/bin/pamac-tray-plasma

This is a method to use GNOME apps on KDE with KDE icon size

yay -S gtk3-nocsd
kate ~/.xsession

This is an empty file, add these two lines:

export GTK_CSD=0

export LD_PRELOAD=<"full path" of your libgtk3-nocsd.so.0 file>

then save and reboot

2 Likes

The tooltip vs notification count mismatch seems to be a consistent problem:

• there were no updates available initially
  • sometime today 11 updates were available: a notification popped up saying so and the tooltip showed 11 updates available
  • now tooltip says 12 updates, but there were at least 2 notifications already still showing 11 updates

edit: When I (partially) update the system, the number in the tooltip will correctly show the remaining updates as available while the notification still insists on 11 updates being available.

I opened two issues, and post here to remind people to post their issues too there as it may have flown over their heads when it was asked :point_up: :stuck_out_tongue: :point_up:

Sorry, too much projects, will fix issues after getting done more important things :smile:

@LordTermor

Reported a bug on Gitlab, the Plasma tray icon crashes right after packages get upgraded.

Plasma tray icon crashes after upgrading packages (#4) · Issues · LordTermor / Pamac tray icon for plasma · GitLab

I can reproduce this issue consistently on my side.

Yep, I already know about this bug. Can’t find the origin though :frowning_face:

UPD: nvm, fixed.

@philm or anyone: could you update pamac-tray-icon-plasma with the latest commits in order to test if the issue is indeed fixed? Pushing the build files (PKGBUILD and any other files needed) on Gitlab would be great too, while you’re at it.

Translation support is available in unstable branch

2 Likes