Pamac issues, can't update

So whenever I try to Refresh Databases in Pamac, I’m getting “Failed to prepare transaction” and “invalid or corrupted database”.

I have tried changing mirrors and updating mirrors, no help.

I’m a bit of a novice with Linux in general so not sure where to go from here. A quick search led me to some commands that gave me this output (I redacted most of the key itself, no idea if that’s important or not):

[paul@PC ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for paul:
error: DEB_Arch_Extra: key “********************8E5D” is unknown
:: Import PGP key ********************8E5D? [Y/n] Y
error: key “********************8E5D” could not be looked up remotely
:: Synchronising package databases…
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
DEB_Arch_Extra 3.1 KiB 0.00 B/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
DEB_Arch_Extra.sig 181.0 B 0.00 B/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
error: DEB_Arch_Extra: key “********************8E5D” is unknown
:: Import PGP key ********************8E5D? [Y/n] Y
error: key “********************8E5D” could not be looked up remotely
error: failed to update DEB_Arch_Extra (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: failed to synchronize all databases
[paul@PC ~]$

Any idea what I can try to fix this? This is totally stopping me from running updates.

2 Likes

As mentioned above, the offending issue is that you have DEB_Arch_Extra repo added in your pacman.conf. Remove that repo and try again.

That repo is not a Manjaro repo.

1 Like

My thanks to both of you. Feel slightly silly that I didn’t try to find out what exactly DEB_Arch_Extra was but oh well. :blush: Turns out, Mega Sync from AUR is the culprit. All I did was uninstall that and as if by magic, updates starting working again flawlessly. It’s strange because I’ve had Mega Sync installed pretty much since I set up Manjaro and only recently encountered the problem of not being able to update. Guess I’ll stick to using Mega via browser for now.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.