Pamac install/ build from AUR doesn't work

I try to install the lib32-faudio package from the AUR, but keep getting the same error:

LANG=en pamac build lib32-faudio                                                               ✔ 
Checking lib32-faudio dependencies...
bsdtar: Failed to set default locale
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

To build (1):
  lib32-faudio  24.04-1    AUR

Edit build files : [e] 
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N] y

Cloning lib32-faudio build files...
fatal: unable to access '': Recv failure: Connection reset by peer
Error: Failed to prepare transaction: Failed to clone lib32-faudio build files

It’s the same for all other AUR packages that I tried, e.g. google-chrome.

Any idea what’s going wrong here?

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.11
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.115.0
Qt Version: 5.15.12
Kernel Version: 6.6.25-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 6 × Intel® Core™ i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Memory: 31.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon RX 6800
Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
Product Name: MS-7B46
System Version: 1.0

looks like a (temporary) network problem

I just built it here successfully.

In my case, some accesses to the AUR server within the last hour were also met with error messages.

In this case, before you take an error like this seriously, I would recommend postponing the whole thing for a few hours.

Such problems are usually resolved quickly. And waiting probably helps best.

I also thought it would be a regular network problem at first, but actually I have troubles with installing AUR packages since a week or so.
I only didn’t bother to check the actual error that appears in the console, that’s why I only report it now.
I still get the same error message for every package i tried.

refresh your list of mirrors

that is where the updater (pamac or whatever else) will try to get their information from

if it is out of date - the data can’t be accessed
it more than likely is as simple as that …

understanding the infrastructure behind all of this working smoothly is helpful in understanding the error messages / the ways it may fail to “deliver”

This is likely the correct answer and something you should do anytime there is more than a package or two to update.

Thanks, refreshing the database did the trick.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.