Your system is up-to-date.

Out of Date:
keybase-bin             5.9.0_20220120174718+95a3939b3a-1  AUR
visual-studio-code-bin  1.64.1-1                           AUR

[user@host ~]$ pamac info visual-studio-code-bin
Name                  : visual-studio-code-bin
Version               : 1.64.2-1

[user@host ~]$ yay visual-studio-code-bin
1 aur/visual-studio-code-bin 1.64.2-1 (+1167 27.28) (Installed)
    Visual Studio Code (vscode): Editor for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications (official binary version)
==> Packages to install (eg: 1 2 3, 1-3 or ^4)
==>

there are other packages that i installed in the hope that it would recognise that there is an updated version, but somehow pamac seems to got stuck to old versions from AUR.

any hints on how to fix this would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Edited PS: it seems yay recognizes the latest AUR versions, just not pamac.

You forgot to tell pamac to check updates also for AUR packages.

pamac checkupdates -a
4 Likes

Thank you very much for sharing this page. :slight_smile:

pamac seems to not get updates for some AUR packages. ex: it does show i have a pending update for telegram-desktop-bin but missed the update pending for google-chrome.

can someone point to me where i can log a bug; should i report under libpamac or pamac application.

1 Like

Yes, as far as google-chrome is concerned, I can confirm the (current) problem.

I can also confirm. On my System (native Arch) I get:

[user@host ~]$ pamac checkupdates -a
Your system is up-to-date.

Out of Date:
microsoft-edge-stable-bin  97.0.1072.76-1  AURtype or paste code here

But because I updated it manually, egde is up to date. Actually ventoy-bin is not but not listed by pamac checkupdates -a

[user@host ~]$ pacman -Q | grep edge
microsoft-edge-stable-bin 98.0.1108.50-1
1 Like

thx :slight_smile: , but already done that, doesn’t fix the problem. see also the comment from @defaultrookie .

make sure that the “base-devel” package is installed before attempting to update visual-code

I will confirm the same behavior. I knew Chrome had an update with a 0-day and never saw the tray icon pop up as three being an update available. I opened pamac - nothing - including after a refresh. Waited a few days ( it’s now Friday ) and nothing. Ran yay and had 7 AUR updates, including Chrome and Brave.

Chrome I don’t really care about as I only use it on YouTube. Brave could be more problematic as my main browser

Hello,

Just wanted to say, I just noticed the same problem with pamac not giving updates for AUR.
I also read the bug report

I have the latest version of pamac and it still doesn’t work.

With all due respect @ManjaroTeam I think you should inform us that there is a bug ( or if you have decided to disable AUR ) so we don’t keep wondering why its not working and google around and ask on the forum.