Pamac can't find basic packages

I’m trying to get the adobe-source-han-sans-kr-fonts package from Pamac GUI (package findable in the Community repo), but Pamac can’t find it:

i.imgur[dot]com/Rh3Sbmd.png

Pamac also can’t seem to find other basic and more common packages like fcitx. Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks~!

P.S. Sorry for ugly links, Manjaro forum keeps telling me I can’t paste links in my post :frowning:

$ pamac search adobe-source-han-sans-kr-fonts
adobe-source-han-sans-kr-fonts                                                                                   2.001-2  community 
    Adobe Source Han Sans Subset OTF - Korean OpenType/CFF fonts
$ pamac search fcitx
fcitx                                                                                                 4.2.9.8-1           community 
    Flexible Context-aware Input Tool with eXtension

I know the screenshot link is terrible (sorry :frowning_face: ) but I’m trying to use Pamac GUI and it’s not finding it. Do you have any ideas how to fix it there?

Looks like it’s only searching in installed packages regardless of the highlighted tab on the left.
Try clicking on the green highlighted > in the lower left corner to complete the previously started action.

I clicked the arrow and I see this - it looks like the previously started action (system update) was completed:

i.imgur-com/dvy8NTv.png

Did you just do a major update and have not yet rebooted?
Reboot and try searching again afterwards.

1 Like

I can’t replicate your pamac problem.

Is there a reason you don’t want to use the terminal and pacman to get the packages?

Logging in and out works!!

This was tested on the live Manjaro installation CD btw, which could have caused some odd issues? \o/

1 Like

You can’t install software if there is update to perform, because package manager at first is checking mirror servers for new packages while “refreshing database”, then it performs system updates. After this you can install whatever you want. This is how it works on Arch Linux and Arch based systems in long story short.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.