Pamac 10 is now released

Can’t update/uninstall flatpak since Pamac update to version 10.

I opened an issue: Can't update or uninstall flatpak (#938) · Issues · Applications / pamac · GitLab

1 Like

As far as I remember, pamac-gtk comes by default at Manjaro KDE.

So if you installed pamac-qt just “to try out”, you could remove it and stick to pamac-gtk.

I expected pamac-qt is your daily driver for updating your installation. You may undo it when that is not the case.

However I recommend you to wait for a few releases of pamac v10 (or wait for a few weeks) before undoing it. Because there are new bugs and issues discovered since pamac 10 has been released to the stable repo.

IMHO they should just downgrade Pamac back to 9 on stable instead of this back and forth confusion until 10 is ready.

1 Like

I’m kind of puzzled about this as well, Stable branch is meant to be stable not testing…

Was working for a while now with pamac on testing branch XFCE.

1. Upgrade to version 10 worked flawless. No issues.
  2. Filters are now on the top bar. Well it will have just some readjustment for me, but i guess it has to do with future mobile compatibility. It really don’t bother me.
  3. What i really appreciate is the improved speed when searching. And the response time has been heavily improved! Especially when you use AUR packages and want to update them also.

Great job @guinux :wink:

I agree, but you also should remember that STABLE doesn’t exist, install DEBIAN if you want something STABLE. The STABLE branch is just a label as Philm explained in the meeting on the UBport channel https://youtu.be/O2B8FTecVts?t=3442. Even on this branch breakages can be expected from time to time (and here we’re absolutely not talking about breakage…).

1 Like

I’ve only been on manjaro for 6 months, I’ve had "breakages " but I’ve NEVER had anything that’s made my system unusable and any breakages have normally been fixed the same day.

If people want a rolling release with "bleeding edge " releases then they have to be prepared to fix things themselves occasionally

2 Likes

For me, v10 didn’t find any updates although there were a ton (from the repo, not AUR).

Hitting the new “Refresh” button at the bottom did not find anything either.
Only after selecting “Refresh databases” from the Menu it was showing new packages.

That should go to @guinux, he is the dev behind pamac :wink:

See my PM, to keep the topic on topic :wink:

Thank you @RoestVrijStaal.

**Warning - this is mostly a time-suck of a post. I hope you find some value, but go quickly so I don’t waste your time otherwise!

I am not sure I “tried-out” something beyond the normal Stable. I do from time to time but that is usually when something is not working quite right… kinda what I did with the:
IgnorePkg = pamac-gtk pamac-common pamac-cli
…which didn’t fix anything, as I said, and represents a stupid “user” changing his system in a way that will not really fix itself when another stable (or pamac update) comes out.

That said, I feel “Stable” has been stable. (*Just perspective from my usage as a VERY ignorant user of Manjaro KDE.)
I have been through several challenges with this system. Usually, they are issues I have brought on myself, through ignorance. But I always have had a response and almost always a helpful person to get me back to “Stable”.

I offer this and suggest, with @MartinLockheed, that they downgrade Pamac until this is a “better version of Stable”… hehehehe.

I also suggest to @TriMoon, @omano, and @sawdoctor, that As a pretty stupid user* I have found STABLE Manjaro KDE, to be a correct use of the word for me, and I hope that even though that mark may be missed from time to time, you all, (who know more about this OS than I ever will,) remain vigilant to hold that line.

I love Manjaro. It freed me from Windows. And I am confident this is a “blip”, not a “bump” in the Stable path. Quite honestly, to me, my system is still trusted! The only thing even of concern is that I have changed some things hoping to fix it, and that I still get a failure when trying to update. That does NOT keep me from getting my work done while using the OS. So, I believe it speaks volumes about an OS that is a real rolling, but stable, release. **Does that mean @philm was wrong!? Hehehehe.

Please, Only take my responses as a perspective from an OS user!
We are known to create more problems than we solve!

Thanx for all of the help! I hope this glitch gets fixed soon, and I will monitor this thread to see how that looks.

PS. **The line in my /etc/pacman.conf is only one of the many little changes I have made over the last months on my system. It may be time to just go get a new HD while the lull of the season is here, and start the OS from scratch again… Fresh and Shiney! I depend upon it for work and spend less and less time tinkering and learning. Again, different perspective.

In reading through some other posts a comment said it was “fixed”.
I commented out the Ignore and ran sudo pacman -Syyu and ended with “there is nothing to do” without the errors.
I do not know what this means exactly, but it gives the appearance the issue is at least hidden from a Stable install. -Thanx.

The beauty of linux is no 2 users systems are identical, we are given the freedom to change our system how we wish to make it truly personal to us. That is brilliant but it also means unfortunately when Devs push a new update it is almost impossible to check every single DE and changes individuals have made. What I do know is the team and almost everyone on the forum will try and help everyone when they encounter issues.

I am a long time mint user and switching to Manjaro/arch base is the best thing I ever did, I am still very much a noob but its encouraged me to use the CLI more and understand how my system actually works

We are on the exact same page, and I came from Mint also.

Thanx!

We updated Pamac once more. Now we are at v10.0.2, which fixes some issues with AUR and Flatpak updates. People with pamac-dev packages should update like this:

sudo pacman -Syu $(pacman -Qq | grep pamac | sed s/-dev//)

4 Likes

I am on Stable, so i just did a terminal update with:
$ sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu

All seemed to go well.
However, after that at the terminal, I noticed the package manager in my tooltray indicated updates were ready.
It does not look like these updates have anything to do with what is discussed here, but since I started down this journey, I want you to have the info, in case one thing is leading to another.

It looks like this is just having to do with python in some regard, failing due to a key.

Thank you for your tireless efforts!

Preparing...
Cloning android-messages-desktop build files...
Checking android-messages-desktop dependencies...
Cloning brave build files...
Checking brave dependencies...
Cloning nomachine build files...
Checking nomachine dependencies...
Cloning google-earth-pro build files...
Checking google-earth-pro dependencies...
Cloning ksnip build files...
Checking ksnip dependencies...
Cloning python2-xcb-proto build files...
Checking python2-xcb-proto dependencies...
gpg: keyserver receive failed: Input/output error

key 3BB639E56F861FA2E86505690FDD682D974CA72A could not be imported
Synchronizing package databases...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

Building android-messages-desktop...
==> Making package: android-messages-desktop 4.4.0-1 (Tue 22 Dec 2020 04:28:22 PM EST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found android-messages-desktop-4.4.0.tar.gz
  -> Found android-messages-desktop.sh
  -> Found android-messages-desktop.desktop
==> Validating source files with sha256sums...
    android-messages-desktop-4.4.0.tar.gz ... Passed
    android-messages-desktop.sh ... Passed
    android-messages-desktop.desktop ... Passed
==> Removing existing $srcdir/ directory...
==> Extracting sources...
  -> Extracting android-messages-desktop-4.4.0.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Starting prepare()...
==> Starting build()...
yarn install v1.22.10
[1/4] Resolving packages...
[2/4] Fetching packages...
[3/4] Linking dependencies...
[4/4] Building fresh packages...
Done in 13.63s.
yarn run v1.22.10
$ yarn build && electron-builder --config electron-builder.js
$ webpack --mode=production
(node:145432) [DEP_WEBPACK_COMPILATION_ASSETS] DeprecationWarning: Compilation.assets will be frozen in future, all modifications are deprecated.
BREAKING CHANGE: No more changes should happen to Compilation.assets after sealing the Compilation.
	Do changes to assets earlier, e. g. in Compilation.hooks.processAssets.
	Make sure to select an appropriate stage from Compilation.PROCESS_ASSETS_STAGE_*.
(Use `node --trace-deprecation ...` to show where the warning was created)
[webpack-cli] Compilation finished
asset background.js 12.3 KiB [emitted] [minimized] (name: background) 1 related asset
asset app.js 6.26 KiB [emitted] [minimized] (name: app) 1 related asset
asset bridge.js 4.77 KiB [emitted] [minimized] (name: bridge) 1 related asset
asset index.html 276 bytes [emitted]
orphan modules 27.6 KiB [orphan] 28 modules
runtime modules 1.92 KiB 9 modules
built modules 54.8 KiB [built]
  modules by path ./src/ 44.3 KiB
    ./src/background.ts + 24 modules 29.3 KiB [not cacheable] [built] [code generated]
    ./src/app.ts + 5 modules 2.67 KiB [not cacheable] [built] [code generated]
    ./src/bridge.ts + 8 modules 11.2 KiB [not cacheable] [built] [code generated]
    ./node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!./src/stylesheets/main.css 1.24 KiB [built] [code generated]
  modules by path ./node_modules/ 10.4 KiB
    ./node_modules/style-loader/dist/runtime/injectStylesIntoStyleTag.js 6.67 KiB [built] [code generated]
    ./node_modules/css-loader/dist/runtime/cssWithMappingToString.js 2.21 KiB [built] [code generated]
    ./node_modules/css-loader/dist/runtime/api.js 1.57 KiB [built] [code generated]
app (webpack 5.11.0) compiled successfully in 4112 ms
  • electron-builder  version=22.9.1 os=5.9.11-3-MANJARO
  • loaded configuration  file=/var/tmp/pamac-build-jim/android-messages-desktop/src/android-messages-desktop-4.4.0/electron-builder.js
  • packaging       platform=linux arch=x64 electron=11.1.0 appOutDir=dist/linux-unpacked
Done in 9.46s.
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> Starting package()...
==> Tidying install...
  -> Removing libtool files...
  -> Purging unwanted files...
  -> Removing static library files...
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
==> Checking for packaging issues...
==> Creating package "android-messages-desktop"...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Generating .BUILDINFO file...
  -> Generating .MTREE file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: android-messages-desktop 4.4.0-1 (Tue 22 Dec 2020 04:28:48 PM EST)
==> Cleaning up...

Building python2-xcb-proto...
==> Making package: python2-xcb-proto 1.14-1 (Tue 22 Dec 2020 04:28:50 PM EST)
==> Checking runtime dependencies...
==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found xcb-proto-1.14.tar.xz
  -> Found xcb-proto-1.14.tar.xz.sig
==> Validating source files with sha512sums...
    xcb-proto-1.14.tar.xz ... Passed
    xcb-proto-1.14.tar.xz.sig ... Skipped
==> Verifying source file signatures with gpg...
    xcb-proto-1.14.tar.xz ... FAILED (unknown public key 9C825A6605D40BBE)
==> ERROR: One or more PGP signatures could not be verified!
Failed to build python2-xcb-proto
1 Like

This is all related to AUR.

And PaMac 10.0.4 is now in the unstable branch

Thank you all! I rebuilt my whole system completely, so this should no longer be an issue.

I really appreciate all of the help!

1 Like

New PaMac version released now

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Pamac suggestion