Pamac 10.1.0-0.1 aur.vala:60: <data>:1:1: Parse error:

I have an error everytime I do the command : pamac checkpudates -a

** (pamac:18204): WARNING **: 21:45:29.951: aur.vala:60: <data>:1:1: Parse error: unexpected character `<', expected value
Failed to query https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc/?v=5&type=info&arg[]=argonone-c-git from AUR

** (pamac:18204): WARNING **: 21:45:29.997: aur.vala:60: <data>:1:1: Parse error: unexpected character `<', expected value
Failed to query https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc/?v=5&type=info&arg[]=fzf-extras-git from AUR

** (pamac:18204): WARNING **: 21:45:30.054: aur.vala:60: <data>:1:1: Parse error: unexpected character `<', expected value
Failed to query https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc/?v=5&type=info&arg[]=oh-my-bash-git from AUR

** (pamac:18204): WARNING **: 21:45:30.105: aur.vala:60: <data>:1:1: Parse error: unexpected character `<', expected value
Failed to query https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc/?v=5&type=info&arg[]=filebrowser-bin&arg[]=find-the-command&arg[]=gettext-hostname&arg[]=rndstr from AUR

AUR server had some problems recently. It may be linked.

It is:

1 Like

We have completely blocked the Pamac user agent, to restore service for the users. It seems there’s an issue with the latest pamac version that’s causing this number of requests.

Thanks for the heads up, I thought it was the update in the testing branch that had broken it

1 Like

Interesting. Now that could explain the numerous postings about users being blocked (because of too many requests) in the last couple of days.

So maybe there is a regression in Pamac 10.1.0 release, as most of us would still use 10.0.5 release so far:

[pamac-gtk](https://gitlab.manjaro.org/applications/pamac/-/tags) repository : extra 
Stable : 10.0.5-1
Testing : 10.0.5-1
Unstable : 10.1.0-1

In fact I have the same issue with pamac 10.0.5-1. Example:

pamac search -a kora

** (pamac:4947): WARNING **: 23:03:47.401: aur.vala:60: <data>:1:1: Erreur d’analyse : unexpected character `<', expected value
Failed to query https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc/?v=5&type=info&arg[]=kora-icon-theme from AUR

** (pamac:4947): WARNING **: 23:03:47.452: aur.vala:60: <data>:1:1: Erreur d’analyse : unexpected character `<', expected value
Failed to query https://aur.archlinux.org/rpc/?v=5&type=search&arg=kora from AUR
1 Like

Well, Arch blocked pamac from accessing the AUR for now, regardless of the version…

If you need to install / update any AUR packages, use another AUR helper (e.g. yay) for the moment.

is this for real? what is the reasoning behind it?

edit: Pamac is causing an excessive amount of requests to aur.archlinux.org (#1017) · Issues · Applications / pamac · GitLab

this need an immediate attention!

that explains why pamac was not finding the AUR packages

1 Like

I guess it’s time to install yay for a while.

The manjaro team have just pushed an update for pamac so give them a little time. It shouldn’t take long to fix the issue

1 Like

AUR working again right now with pamac 10.0.6-1. Great! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not for long. Everyone will try it out now… :wink: :joy:

2 Likes

New working versions available :

Stable : 10.0.6-2
Testing : 10.0.6-2
Unstable : 10.1.1-1

guinux wrote :

With ba42a52d, I restored the 1000ms timeout after the user stop typing before querying aur. With e56998e6, I added the OS id in the user agent, so statistic per distribution can be done.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.