Pacman updating issue (dependency conflict)

Hi, I’ve recently had some issues when trying to run “Pacman -Syu” I’ve looked around for a solution but I haven’t been able to figure out where the problem is, or where to fix it.

when I try to run “Pacman -Syu” I get this as a response:

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing alsa-lib (1.2.7.2-1) breaks dependency 'alsa-lib=1.2.6.1' required by lib32-alsa-lib
:: installing alsa-plugins (1:1.2.7.1-1) breaks dependency 'alsa-plugins=1:1.2.6' required by lib32-alsa-plugins
:: installing libcap (2.65-1) breaks dependency 'libcap=2.64' required by lib32-libcap

I’ve looked around, and one way to fix dependency issues, is apparently to use Multilib, so I went to pacman.conf, enabled multilib. Because of that, I get this as response :

error: failed retrieving file 'multilib-testing.db' from ftp.free.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib-testing.db' from manjaro.lucassymons.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib-testing.db' from mirror.dkm.cz : The requested URL returned error: 404

I looked around, apparently, updating my mirrors is the solution, I tried to run “pacman-mirrors --continent” Which gives me this error message :

::WARNING https://repo.manjaro.org 'Connection: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='repo.manjaro.org', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=2)'
::WARNING https://wikipedia.org 'Connection: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='wikipedia.org', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=2)'
::WARNING https://bitbucket.org 'Connection: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='bitbucket.org', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=2)'

I still can’t run Syuu, and I’m unable to keep some of my packages up to date, it is an issue. Would anyone be able to help me figure this out? Thanks.

are you using testing branch?
refresh mirrors:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

Thanks!

I am not, I’m currently running 5.10.136 LTS

I tried your method, this is the error I get :

error: failed retrieving file 'multilib-testing.db' from manjaro.mirrors.lavatech.top : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib-testing.db' from manjaro.kyberorg.fi : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib-testing.db' from manjaro.moson.eu : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib-testing.db' from mirrors.colocall.net : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib-testing.db' from manjaro.ipacct.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to synchronize all databases (failed to retrieve some files)

i was asking because of this:
multilib-testing.db
revert the changes you made in the pacman.conf and then run again:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

Back to my initial error of dependencies:

resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing alsa-lib (1.2.7.2-1) breaks dependency 'alsa-lib=1.2.6.1' required by lib32-alsa-lib
:: installing alsa-plugins (1:1.2.7.1-1) breaks dependency 'alsa-plugins=1:1.2.6' required by lib32-alsa-plugins
:: installing libcap (2.65-1) breaks dependency 'libcap=2.64' required by lib32-libcap

edit: ok

Hah! I figured it out, I un-commented multilib, commented multilib-testing, and now the update is running!

I apologies for the bother, thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.