Pacman update error, error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)

Hello! I have a problem with pacman doing system update.

Total Installed Size:  6417.52 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      -194.17 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(422/422) checking keys in keyring                 [################] 100%
(422/422) checking package integrity               [################] 100%
(422/422) loading package files                    [################] 100%
(422/422) checking for file conflicts              [################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
python-pip: /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip-23.0.1.dist-info/LICENSE.txt exists in filesystem
python-pip: /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip-23.0.1.dist-info/METADATA exists in filesystem
python-pip: /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip-23.0.1.dist-info/RECORD exists in filesystem
python-pip: /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip-23.0.1.dist-info/WHEEL exists in filesystem
python-pip: /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip-23.0.1.dist-info/entry_points.txt exists in filesystem
python-pip: /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pip-23.0.1.dist-info/top_level.txt exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Moderator edit: In the future, please use proper formatting: [HowTo] Post command output and file content as formatted text

Would you happen to have installed python-pip manually, instead of installing the package from the repository?

yes, i think

That’s likely the problem.
Remove the manual installation – it should come with a script for doing so, then install the package from the repository.

thank you, i try

sudo pacman -S python-pip --overwrite ‘*’

and it’s work

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.