Pacman Sync Errors

Hello All, I have Manjaro KDE latest version install with 5.10 kernel with i3 5th Gen processor with 8Gb RAM. Whenever I am trying to sync pacman it throws following error:

:: Synchronizing package databases…

error: failed retrieving file ‘core.db’ from mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in : The requested URL returned error: 500

core 164.9 KiB 882 KiB/s 00:00 [#############################################] 100%
extra 2000.5 KiB 3.76 MiB/s 00:01 [#############################################] 100%
community 6.6 MiB 7.45 MiB/s 00:01 [#############################################] 100%
multilib 180.5 KiB 10.4 MiB/s 00:00 [#############################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do

And if I try to install anything this error comes again, however, command gets completed as below:

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages…

error: failed retrieving file ‘nano-5.6.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst’ from mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in : The requested URL returned error: 500

nano-5.6.1-1-x86_64 579.7 KiB 901 KiB/s 00:01 [###########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking keys in keyring [###########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking package integrity [###########################################] 100%
(1/1) loading package files [###########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking for file conflicts [###########################################] 100%
(1/1) checking available disk space [###########################################] 100

Please let me know if there is anyway to fix this error as it would be helpful. Just for the info, I have checked in mirrors file that this mirror is from India.

Thanks

Hello!

If you check the Manjaro mirrors here you’ll see that this specific mirror isn’t synced and is in a inactive (?) state right now.

To get rid off the message you’re getting, refresh your mirrorlist:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack && sudo pacman -Syyu

Or you can limit the number of mirrors in the mirrorlist to 5 for example:

sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

More information about pacman-mirrors is available in the Wiki:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Pacman-mirrors

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! It did fix the issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.