Pacman looks for glslang during update

I’m running Manjaro ARM with Phosh on a Pinephone.

Whenever I update with pacman -Syu, pacman gives me this error after looking for confliting packages error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/glslang-11.8.0-2/desc: No such file or directory.

What’s the reason for this and how can I fix it? Does it conflict with the update?

run these commands:
first use touch:
sudo touch /var/lib/pacman/local/glslang-11.8.0-2/desc
reinstall it:
sudo pacman -S glslang
reboot

1 Like

Thanks @brahma

Now it gives me that:

warning: glslang-11.8.0-2 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages
error:  could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/glslang-11.8.0-2/files: No such file or directory.

then a buch of related errors. Should I touch this file too ?

yes, the command would be:
sudo touch /var/lib/pacman/local/glslang-11.8.0-2/files

1 Like

Ok now it continuous further but ends with:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
glslang: /usr/bin/glslangValidator exists in filesystem
glslang: /usr/bin/spirv-remap exists in filesystem
Errors ocurred, no package were upgraded

overwrite it:
sudo pacman -Syyu --overwrite '*'

1 Like

I tried it and it didn’t work, the errors above persist when installing slang. Sorry for the naive question should I type '*' next to overwrite or replace the ’ *’ by something. I tried to replace it and it yielded at the end error: target not found: spirv-remap.

it should work, try this, and dont change anything in that command, just copy it:
pacman -Syyuu --overwrite=/usr/*
if you get errors copy them here, all of them

1 Like

Ok that command worked. But when I try to reinstall glslang it still yeilds:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
glslang: /usr/bin/glslangValidator exists in filesystem
glslang: /usr/bin/spirv-remap exists in filesystem
Errors ocurred, no package were upgraded

those commands should work… try again with this:
sudo pacman -Syyu --overwrite "*"
and then try running update:
sudo pacman -Syu

1 Like

Thank you for your persistence :smiley: .

Those commands didn’t give any errors but I still can’t reinstall glslang with sudo pacman -S glslang.

if you can run sudo pacman -Syu or pamac update without any errors, you probably dont need to reinstall it …

Yeah. There was no problem from this issue. I was just trying to understand what it was or if it was some issue that the devs should know about.

i see, so if you can now run update/install without a problem, then youre good to go…

1 Like

Apparently it broke something. I was doing a system upgrade with pacman -Syu and after checking for conflicting files it gave some lines of errors. How should I copy terminal output in a Pinephone?

Should I delete the files that I have touched before?

i assume just press on the text for 1-2 seconds … or can you post a picture?

Ok. I tried to delete the touched files but it broke even more. I redid the touch and after I sudo pacman -Syyu --overwrite "*" it upgraded normally. I don’t get what happens but it’s fine now. Thanks @brahma .

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.