Packaging Application for AUR - Shared Libraries

Hello! I’ve recently adopted an application in the AUR for PKGBUILD maintenance, but the latest version of the application (veeam agent for Linux) started including a couple of shared libraries. I’m using the RPM provided by Veeam as the package source, and within the RPM there is a usr/lib/veeam/ directory with the two shared libraries, libNtlmAuth.so and libPkcs12Converter.so.

For context, I’m completely new to AUR package maintenance and development in general. For some reason, I can’t figure out how to make the PKGBUILD direct yay to install the shared libraries under the /usr/lib/ system directory and associate them properly.

Oh, and if this is better suited on the main Arch forums, please let me know. I figured if they found out I was running Manjaro, they’d refuse to provide any support, so I thought I’d start here.

Cheers,
Theo

Ummm…really?

Configuring PKGBUILD to install shared libraries from package source / AUR Issues, Discussion & PKGBUILD Requests / Arch Linux Forums

Yes, really? A bit after I posted this, I decided to cross-post to the Arch Forums anyway. Turns out they were able to answer my question pretty easily.

Thanks!
Theo