Other ways to install manjaro

Hi, i need to know how can i do to make a clean manjaro installation manually, without Calamares and others automatic install systems and how can update it and install other programs in the same way … ? Thanks a lot !

Have you seen this:

Once it is installed you can install packages and update it however you normally would. There are lots of ways to do this but one way is using pamac:

pamac upgrade
pamac install <packagename>
1 Like

Thanks @dalto, but i intend download manjaro packages frome one side and installing it “manually” in other not internet machine. ?

And a seriously disk partitioning and fs format. Maybe like a manjaro server “very robustly and clean” handily install !

If your machine is on a local network and just not connected to the internet you have some options.

You could do something like this:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman/Tips_and_tricks#Network_shared_pacman_cache

Alternatively, you could create local repository.

If your machine is not even on a local network you would have to manually download the packages. That being said, I don’t think Manjaro or any Arch-based distro is a great candidate for a completely offline machine. It is too complicated to keep all the packages in sync on a rolling base because you can’t do selective upgrades. You need to upgrade all your packages at the same time.

Lastly, I would point out that Manjaro calamares is an offline installer. It will warn you that you aren’t connected to the internet but you can safely ignore that warning.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.