Ossec-Hids impossible to build

Hi, I’m tryng to yayy -S ossec-hids, this is error:

./analysisd/config.h:16:10: fatal error: GeoIP.h: File o directory non esistente   16 | #include "GeoIP.h"

I’ve installed geoip manually, then:

/usr/bin/ld: os_net.a(os_net.o):(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `agt’; client-agent/config.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:1017: ossec-agentd] Errore 1

Thank you

Did you also install geoip-database and geoip-database-extra?

Yes I’ve installed both

And you still get the same error when trying to install ossec-hids from the AUR?

analysisd/decoders/decode-xml.c:842:13: warning: ‘strncpy’ output truncated before terminating nul copying as many bytes from a string as its length [-Wstringop-truncation]
842 | strncpy(at, str, strsize);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don’t install it from AUR, has been out of date for 8 months, and looking at the PKGBUILD it also assumes you will edit it yourself, use the source available at OSSEC Downloads - OSSEC.

I dont understand. Are you having trouble installing the package or are you having trouble running the program?

Installing

The AUR package is broken and flagged out of date with multiple comments about how it doesnt build etc.
The PKGBUILD needs fixing.

If I were you I would start by

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/ossec-hids.git
cd ossec-hids
micro PKGBUILD ## edit pkgver line for 3.6.0, maybe also variables like USER_INSTALL_TYPE
updpkgsums
makepkg -sric

As a first run… then check output and all that.

2 Likes

makepkg -sric —>

/usr/bin/ld: addagent/validate.o:(.bss+0x10): multiple definition of `willchroot’; addagent/main.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
make: *** [Makefile:1029: manage_agents] Errore 1
make: *** Attesa per i processi non terminati…
make: *** [Makefile:1142: agent-auth] Errore 1

/usr/bin/ld: os_net.a(os_net.o):(.bss+0x0): multiple definition of `agt’; client-agent/config.o:(.bss+0x0): first defined here
make: *** [Makefile:1017: ossec-agentd] Errore 1