Openweather gnome-shell-extension settings are not accessible

Hello fellow Manjaroos,

It appears that the openweather gnome extension, that is built in the distro, has outdated code.

This creates a problem, because the extension’s settings are no longer accessible.

What can I (or we) do about it to fix it?

Thank you.

Are you sure it is built into manjaro as a package?
When searching I only find gnome-shell-extension-openweather-git in the AUR and the current maintainer is orphaning it. : AUR (en) - gnome-shell-extension-openweather-git

Does removing it as a package and installing it from OpenWeather - GNOME Shell Extensions solve the issue of the settings panel?

I am pretty sure that it was and is built-in. I have no recollection of installing gnome-extensions from another source.

There it is in the distro’s package manager too:

I will try what you suggest.

I just removed the package I had built-in my system (the one shown on the screenshot above) and now it has mysteriously disappeared completely from Pamac’s catalog and I cannot find it.

I installed the firefox add-on from https://extensions.gnome.org and then installed the extension by enabling the ON switch and clicking on the Upgrade button next to the ON switch.

The problem persists.

The settings of extension openweather-extension@jenslody.de had an error:

GLib.FileError: Failed to open file “/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/openweather-extension@jenslody.de/weather-settings.ui”: No such file or directory

Stack trace:

initWindow@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/openweather-extension@jenslody.de/prefs.js:131:21
wrapper@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/_legacy.js:83:27
_init@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/openweather-extension@jenslody.de/prefs.js:121:14
wrapper@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/_legacy.js:83:27
buildPrefsWidget@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/openweather-extension@jenslody.de/prefs.js:1116:17
_init@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:209:40
OpenExtensionPrefsAsync/<@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:122:28
asyncCallback@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:115:22
run@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/dbusService.js:177:20
main@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/main.js:19:13
run@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:206:19
start@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:190:8
@/usr/share/gnome-shell/org.gnome.Shell.Extensions:1:17

EDIT: Okay, all I needed to do after installing is restart gnome-shell. It works now as a manually installed extension. Thank you for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.