Openshot 3.0 fails to start

Sorry to resurrect that post but since there is a brand new version of Openshot (v 3.0), it seems to be only available as an appimage file. It will not launch in Manjaro. The message is quite gibberish for me but may be someone can point out what is missing. I think eventually the new version will find a way in the repository but I like to see what’s new if it is possible. Tx

Citation
./OpenShot-v3.0.0-x86_64.AppImage
Loaded modules from: /tmp/.mount_OpenShXI8Cvw/usr/bin
INFO app: ------------------------------------------------
INFO app: Tue Dec 13 06:19:42 2022
INFO app: Starting new session
ERROR app: OpenShotApp::Import Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/tmp/.mount_OpenShXI8Cvw/usr/bin/classes/app.py”, line 100, in init
from classes import settings, project_data, updates, sentry
File “/tmp/.mount_OpenShXI8Cvw/usr/bin/classes/project_data.py”, line 48, in
import openshot
File “”, line 259, in load_module
File “/home/gitlab-runner/builds/c8488186/0/OpenShot/openshot-qt/openshot.py”, line 15, in
ImportError: /tmp/.mount_OpenShXI8Cvw/usr/bin/libm.so.6: version GLIBC_2.35' not found (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2) Traceback (most recent call last): File "openshot_qt/launch.py", line 196, in main app = OpenShotApp(argv) File "/tmp/.mount_OpenShXI8Cvw/usr/bin/classes/app.py", line 100, in __init__ from classes import settings, project_data, updates, sentry File "/tmp/.mount_OpenShXI8Cvw/usr/bin/classes/project_data.py", line 48, in <module> import openshot File "<frozen zipimport>", line 259, in load_module File "/home/gitlab-runner/builds/c8488186/0/OpenShot/openshot-qt/openshot.py", line 15, in <module> ImportError: /tmp/.mount_OpenShXI8Cvw/usr/bin/libm.so.6: version GLIBC_2.35’ not found (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/startup.py”, line 40, in run
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/cx_Freeze/initscripts/Console.py”, line 37, in run
File “openshot_qt/launch.py”, line 223, in
main()
File “openshot_qt/launch.py”, line 198, in main
app.show_errors()
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘show_errors’
INFO app: OpenShot’s session ended
INFO app: Tue Dec 13 06:19:42 2022
INFO app: ================================================
Sentry is attempting to send 1 pending error messages
Waiting up to 2 seconds
Press Ctrl-C to quit

Is your system fully up-to-date?

So I was a intrigued by your problem so I downloaded the appimage and the same thing happened to me, then I poked around the openshot website and I downloaded the daily version and that seems to work. OpenShot Video Editor | Report a Bug

1 Like

yes that’s true, version 10705 (Dec, 11th) works ! They haven’t update the official file I guess.

1 Like