Open File Dialogue not showing

Dear all,

I just noticed a strange behaviour where the dialogue to open a file in KeePassXC, where only “Create new database” opens a new dialogue, all others buttons, esp. “Open File” do not work. I noticed this behaviour in one other application as well, but cannot currently remember which one.

Best regards,
Fo

Same issue here but using Gnome version.

Do you have the same problem in other applications?

I noticed this behavior only in KeePassXC yet. This is really an odd issue.

I removed the installed version of keepassxc and am using the appimage, which works as intended.

Dear @neox and everyone else with a similar problem: Did you maybe change your desktop environment in the past?

I switched from Gnome to KDE some weeks ago (installed the packages indicated for KDE and removing all those mentioned for Gnome here: Install Desktop Environments - Manjaro)

As I was experiencing some minor issues though, e.g. system settings crashing when trying to select “application style”, I tested whether there were still orphan packages from Gnome around, so I ran

pacman -Qtdq | pacman -Rns -

This removed 124 packages, some by name obvious leftovers from Gnome, and freed almost 1 GB of disk space. And last but not least, now the open dialogue of keepassxc works (again).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.