Oolite fails to compile

Hi all,
I tried to get Oolite on the system and received this error…

src/SDL/MyOpenGLView.m: In function ‘-[MyOpenGLView init]’:
src/SDL/MyOpenGLView.m:327:9: error: format not a string literal and no format arguments [-Werror=format-security]
  327 |         OOLog(@"display.initGL", @"Achieved color / depth buffer sizes (bits):");
      |         ^
 Compiling file src/Core/OOCocoa.m ...
cc1obj: some warnings being treated as errors
make[4]: *** [/usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/rules.make:521: obj.spk/oolite.obj/MyOpenGLView.m.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: *** [/usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/Instance/objc.make:64: internal-objc_program-all_] Error 2
make[2]: *** [/usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/Master/rules.make:297: oolite.all.objc-program.variables] Error 2
make[1]: *** [/usr/share/GNUstep/Makefiles/Master/objc.make:36: internal-all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/pamac-build-melissa/oolite/src/oolite-source-1.90'
make: *** [Makefile:78: release] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

This is for the maintiner: SanskritFritz.
Thanks for looking into it.
Love
Melissa

Then you’re in the wrong place. oolite is an AUR package. If you add a comment on the AUR page, he will receive an email.

By the way, there has been no upstream release since 2020, so most likely upstream will need to fix it. However, it’s possible the AUR package could be patched, but that’s up to the Maintainer.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll just forget about it, then. It was a youthly sentiment, I used to play Elite on the C64…eh…thanks a ton :smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.