Only ipv6 works

Hi all,

Since today I noticed some site take a really long time to load (if they load at all) and some other are fine :

  • Google services are OK
  • Facebook OK
  • duckduckgo not ok
  • not OK
  • reddit not OK

The only difference I noticed between these websites is that resolvectl query will report an ipv4 and ipv6 while resolvectl query will report ipv4 only.

$ inxi -F
System:    Host: manjaro-omen Kernel: 5.4.80-2-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.20.4 Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:   Type: Laptop System: HP product: OMEN by HP Laptop v: Type1ProductConfigId serial: <superuser/root required> 
           Mobo: HP model: 8259 v: 83.72 serial: <superuser/root required> UEFI: Insyde v: F.50 date: 11/09/2018 
Battery:   ID-1: BAT0 charge: 49.8 Wh condition: 49.8/49.8 Wh (100%) 
CPU:       Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i5-7300HQ bits: 64 type: MCP L2 cache: 6144 KiB 
           Speed: 900 MHz min/max: 800/3500 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 900 2: 899 3: 900 4: 900 
Graphics:  Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 630 driver: i915 v: kernel 
           Device-2: Cheng Uei Precision Industry (Foxlink) HP Wide Vision HD type: USB driver: uvcvideo 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.10 driver: modesetting resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz 
           OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 630 (KBL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 20.2.3 
Audio:     Device-1: Intel CM238 HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Device-2: NVIDIA GP107GL High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.4.80-2-MANJARO 
Network:   Device-1: Intel Wireless 7265 driver: iwlwifi 
           IF: wlo1 state: up mac: xxxxxxxxxxx
           Device-2: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8168 
           IF: eno1 state: down mac: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 1.94 TiB used: 1.10 TiB (57.0%) 
           ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: A-Data model: IM2S3138E-128GM-B size: 119.24 GiB 
           ID-2: /dev/sdb vendor: Seagate model: ST2000LM015-2E8174 size: 1.82 TiB 
Partition: ID-1: / size: 29.03 GiB used: 22.29 GiB (76.8%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda5 
           ID-2: /home size: 23.91 GiB used: 20.89 GiB (87.4%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sdb1 
Swap:      Alert: No Swap data was found. 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 50.0 C mobo: N/A 
           Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A 
Info:      Processes: 206 Uptime: 48m Memory: 7.67 GiB used: 2.63 GiB (34.4%) Shell: Zsh inxi: 3.1.08 

The network works well with my android phone.

What’s the output of:

  1. networkctl --no-pager status -a
  2. resolvectl --no-pager status

As comparison to your list of domains, this is what i get: (no IPv6 here)

> resolvectl query

-- Information acquired via protocol DNS in 1.6ms.
-- Data is authenticated: no

-- Information acquired via protocol DNS in 665us.
-- Data is authenticated: no

-- Information acquired via protocol DNS in 455us.
-- Data is authenticated: no

Hello Nathan,

I have noticed your issue is a very common problem. I don’t really know the exact cause of the problem but I have been able to fix it a bit of times. If you Duckduckgo “only google websites work” you will find many solutions that may fix your problem. I have found that sometimes it is a network problem so I would check if other devices on the same network act the same way. maybe reset your modem to defaults.

I ran networkctl and it complained about systemd-networkd not active so I just activated it and it looks like the problem disappeared… Thank you guys for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.