(if this thread is in the wrong location, feel free to move it)
A few days ago I requested a required update for
compiz-manjaro to continue to work with the latest metacity update. I subsequently provided a patch to get the source on gitlab up-to-date and compilable.
It looks like
compiz-manjaro has been subsequently removed from Unstable and Testing (per the branch compare site).
I’d like to offer to update and maintain that package if the manjaro team doesn’t have time to manage it for the following reasons:
- This package is unique from the compizAUR in that:
- it contains scripts to automate the install (without this, the user would need to manually configure compiz to replace the default compositor)
- it includes a GUI tool to easily select the window decorator theme (without this, the user would have to use the terminal to change the theme)
- it compiles compiz with plugin configuration that provides more sane defaults, manjaro colors, and better plugin configuration that is not otherwise available post-compilation
- I have this package on pretty much all systems I manage
- I use the bells and whistles provided in compiz to entice more people to try linux (and specifically manjaro)
I’m sure I’m not the only one who uses this package. It would be a shame if it were no longer available. Please re-consider removing it.