Octopi 0.15.0 does not start after qtermwidget update to 1.4.0

octopi 0.15.0 does not start after qtermwidget update to 1.4.0, it crashes.

Downgrading qtermwidget to 1.3.0 makes octopi work again.

To fix the issue octopi should be built against the new qtermwidget version.

I’m afraid — or should I say “lucky”? — that I cannot reproduce what you are describing. octopi 0.15 works fine here on my fully updated Manjaro Stable.

Do you by any chance have any -git versions of normal repo packages installed?

qtermwidget 1.4.0 is in unstable.

I am using Manjaro Unstable, that is why i have qtermwidget update to 1.4.0, which is the offending part.

If you are using unstable branch you system is out of sync.

Please run a full system sync and your problem goes away.

sudo pacman -Syu
1 Like

No, it does not go away, it persists!

The problem is that qtermwidget 1.4.0 is newer than octopi 0.15.0, therefore octopi has to re-build against qtermwidget 1.4.0 and updated (maybe 0.16.0?).

By the way: I had a similar issue with octopi in november 2022, a re-build fixed it then.

I am on the unstable branch and use Octopi. I am completely up-to-date, and I cannot reproduce your error. Perhaps something has gone amiss with your installation. Maybe remove or rename the Octopi folder found in ./config and try again.

octopi 0.15.0-1
qtermwidget 1.4.0-1

Strange - I cannot reproduce it - I don’t use octopi but I installed it and a couple of installs and removal - no problem

1 Like

Can’t reproduce. What’s the output of:

/usr/bin/octopi

It turned out that deleting ~/.config/octopi resolved the issue. Sorry for the false alarm.

To proof that I am not crazy here is the output of octopi before that deletion:

$ /usr/bin/octopi
Using a variable-width font in the terminal.  This may cause performance degradation and display/alignment errors.
Using a variable-width font in the terminal.  This may cause performance degradation and display/alignment errors.
Speicherzugriffsfehler (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

The last line means Segmentation fault (core dumped). So something in ~/.config/octopi made octopi crash (no further inverstigation :slight_smile: ).

Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.