OBS-Studio not working after last update

This is the same solution I posted 2 replies up, it was just after the answer was already accepted.

Just for additional info; libva-nvidia-driver and nvidia-vaapi-driver-git are both the same driver from here GitHub - elFarto/nvidia-vaapi-driver: A VA-API implemention using NVIDIA's NVDEC

I installed the stable release rather than the latest git build and it worked great.

1 Like

I can confirm this worked for me for both VLC crashes and OBS studio seg fault error.

Thanks!

I just had another OBS segmentation fault after installing the recent 2023-03-31 batch of updates. I used @jondyowens solution and installed the libva-nvidia-driver.

OBS works fine again.

1 Like

worked for me, thx <3

I also had to remove the libva-vdpau-driver, and it seems that everything is working just fine after the remove. I did not install libva-nvidia-driver.

From a simple test with mpv it seems that HW Decoding is working well:

$ mpv --hwdec=auto /run/media/user/D_WIN/2022-03-26_19-44-43.mkv 

(+) Video --vid=1 (*) (h264 1920x1080 60.000fps)
 (+) Audio --aid=1 (*) 'Track1' (aac 2ch 48000Hz)
Using hardware decoding (nvdec).
AO: [pipewire] 48000Hz stereo 2ch floatp
[ffmpeg/video] h264: Increasing reorder buffer to 1
VO: [gpu] 1920x1080 cuda[nv12]
AV: 00:00:01 / 00:10:40 (0%) A-V:  0.000 Cache: 192s/150MB

Does this means that this package is obsolete now, and no longer needed?
I also tried to followed the links from the libva-vdpau-driver package details to the wiki and the git repo, but those are no longer valid.

1 Like

The solution found in this thread worked for me!

That was it. Thanks.

I am having a issue with OBS on both the manjaro package and the flatpak package but I am using a Radeon RX6700XT card and mesa graphics.

the repo package fails to even run and this is a fresh install of OBS

obs                                                             ξ‚² βœ” 
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not find the Qt platform plugin "wayland" in ""
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: offscreen, xcb, minimal, linuxfb, eglfs, vkkhrdisplay, vnc, minimalegl.

zsh: IOT instruction (core dumped)  obs                              

and the flatpak package works but I can’t see the preview of Windows or screens, I made a issue report for that.

QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb obs

Not sure what the issue was but I just wanted to report that at least I assume from a update somewhere fixed the issue a while back

I can finally use it normally.

yay -S obs-studio-git  
sudo pacman -Syu mbedtls2   

Have you tried the repo package or flatpak recently at all? It should be working now

Thank you very much, this worked for me :slight_smile: