Nvidia Graphics Card Installation, Display, Audio Issue

Hi there,

I am a new user to Linux and chose Manjaro as my daily driver. Have been using it for sometime without any issues or so.

However, when I try to install the Nvidia graphics driver (video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-455xx-prime) through System Settings > Hardware Configuration, it installs correctly. But after reboot, Manjaro does not detect the Audio output of my GPU. Although it works fine after removing the driver.

On the other hand, installing the video-nvidia-455x driver, after reboot, my main monitor doesn’t work and gets stuck at boot screen whereas only my HDMI output only works that time and works properly.

So when I install a gpu driver, I can’t get both of my displays and audios to work.

Now for my current state, I was looking forward to use VM and was following this tutorial titled “Easiest GPU passthrough guide for Manjaro” by “Pavol Elsig” which automates the processes and switch to vfio. After that, My hdmi output is not working again. Looked on the internet for some time and was unable to find a solution. Hoping I can find one here.

Thanks.

Whilst I had different problems to what you are experiencing, I had nothing but problems with Version 455 of the driver on my Quadro T2000 card. Turns out, the drivers aren’t quite “ready” for that card yet. I’m wondering if installing an older version of the driver would work for you too? I had to go back two versions before everything was stable again (Version 440).

1 Like

Tried it. Didn’t work for me. When I tried to install 430 and 435, the installer failed due to

Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

After that, When I tried 450, it gave me the same problem as 455. :frowning:

so 440 works, but no audio output?

where are you wanting to drive the audio output to? HDMI? Analogue speakers?

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

1. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
  2. a pacmd list might also be beneficial…
    :+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU you have, …