Nvidia GPU Utilization showing 0% in nvidia-settings (driver N/A)

Hello, I’m very new to Manjaro and this forum so excuse my ignorance. Im running on a pretty old setup ASUS X550 with Nvidia 740M “inxi -G” outputs the following :

Device-1: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel 
       Device-2: NVIDIA GK208M [GeForce GT 740M] driver: N/A 
       Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: intel resolution: 1366x768~60Hz 
       OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 4000 (IVB GT2) v: 4.2 Mesa 20.1.3 

I’m trying to run some light games with “optirun” but my fps gravitates around 20 on the lowest settings. (I also have a windows machine with Nvidia GT 710 which does pretty fine with this game.)
When i run “optirun -b none nvidia-settings -c :8” while the game is running, under Nvidia 740 it says GPU-Utilization: 0%, so im wondering if im using the dedicated GPU at all.

“mhwd -li” also oputputs following:

Installed PCI configs:

NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE

video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-418xx-bumblebee            2019.10.25               false            PCI

Can someone please tell me if I’m doing something wrong or is my laptop simply too old. Many thanks in advance!

as this is hybrid card
try

optirun -b none nvidia-settings -c :8

Thanks for the answers, this is the line i got from the wiki :

optirun -b none nvidia-settings -c :8

It starts the app and shows info about the Nvidia card but not the integrated card.
It works without the “-b none” arguments but without the “:8” it outputs an error :

nvidia-settings: option "-c" requires an argument.
ERROR: Invalid commandline, please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage information.

It also returns an error without the “optirun” prefix :

ERROR: NVIDIA driver is not loaded
 ERROR: Unable to load info from any available system

Wich may be normal since the driver is N/A. But is it supposed to be N/A without explicitly “optirunning” the card? Also since I’m not worried about power consupmtion, is it possible to entirely bypass the integrated GPU and just use the Nvidia card?

It looks like you are using the bumblebee driver. This is a good read for people with hybrid nvidia. Archived forum link

I personally use nvidia prime method mentioned here.

Although, I have successfully used optimus-manager also without any issues.

Edit: I forgot to mention that not all Nvidia GPUs / drivers support GPU utilisation monitoring. I know mine doesn’t. ( nvidia-smi command )