NVIDIA drivers not loading yet appear as installed in asus laptop

So, I booted into TTY of 6.9-MANJARO, where nvidia divers were installed and loaded and everything (but the acreen is black and the system only usable with tty). I ran startx and it gave me the error that I posted before. So I ran nvidia-xconfig, and then i ran startx again which hanged my system. I am looking at the xorg log file but I’m on tty and I don’t know how to get that text copied here on my phone.

I will definitepy remove g14. Yes I have an nvidida.conf. also every time i installed or removed video drivers was via mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300 or mhwd -r etc.

If I recall there were issues with the 6.9 kernel and nvidia.

Make sure to check other kernels. Right now the latest Long Term Support kernel is 6.6.

But you may also want to make sure to do the KMS and DRM-KMS steps like here:

Just to add, news: i tried rebooting into 6.9-manjaro after i forced it shut because startx freezed the system, and now I get a purely black screen without even tty.

If I remember correctly from a couple of days ago when this happened already, now on order to fix it I have to run nvidia-xconfig from g14, and then maybe again on 6.9-manjaro and then I should be able to get the desktop back in g14.

I could try the lts kernel, tomorrow. However notice in my previous answers that I also tried the 6.8-manjaro kernel getting the same stuff as the 6.9-manjaro kernel (only tty or black screen without tty, drivers appearingly installed and working).

Do you suggest me to do some kind of driver/confif/xorg purge of data before retrying in lts kernel?

So remember when 6.9_MANJARO was showing a black screen at boot not even allowing me to run TTY? I hypotised that KDE was actually starting correctly, but it was starting on the dGPU card while my monitor, powered by the intel card, was black because it had nothing to show.

I confirmed this by forcing the “ultimate” dGPU-mode BIOS-wide. And as I suspected, 6.9-MANJARO showed my KDE desktop. I tried playing around creating corg config file via the nbidia-xsettings or the nvidia-settings gui but i still can’t see manjaro in hybrid mode.