Nvidia / Color correction

Why when i change color correction, and then if i reboot the pc the card graphic + screen not load my last updates

any idea to fixe this issue ??

Open nvidia-settings from terminal with sudo and save the changes to the xorg config file, which should be located at /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf on a normal Nvidia setup on Manjaro.

1 Like

sudo nvidia-settings

i get this error

(nvidia-settings:132861): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 11:02:13.292: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

Is that the only message? If so itā€™s the same as me, but nvidia-settings opens and Iā€™m able to make whatever changes I need, you should be able to too.

yes, hope after reboot nvidia should keep my update

You will have this kind of message most of the time you open a GTK app from terminal. This is expected.

Why donā€™t you try, see, and THEN reply?

after reboot i open nvidia settings i found default settings, so my last update not stored :frowning: !!

to give more details about my version linux:

Linux kamal-20hjs1c700 5.18.16-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Wed Aug 3 11:18:52 UTC 2022 x86_64 GNU/Linux

A quick google search shows it is a known issue since at least 10 years. linux nvidia-settings color correction doesn't save - Google Suche
You may have luck saving the settings locally, verifying it saved properly, and maybe add a ā€œstartup programā€ to load your local settings with nvidia-settings command.

I already use tweak to startup nvidia-settings when i start pc

To start it, or to load the local config?

nvidia-settings --help

-l, --load-config-only
      Load the configuration file, send the values specified therein to the X server, and exit.  This mode of operation is useful to place in your xinitrc file, for example.

and youā€™re sure the settings you want applied are properly saved to the local config?

Verify all, and also test manually if it works, when you use nvidia-settings to load the config manually, does it work? If it doesnā€™t Iā€™m out of idea, and you may have to adjust settings on reboot all the time.

//EDIT: did a last google for you [SOLVED] Nvidia Color Correction Settings - Linux Mint Forums try and report, probably need manual edit to the Xorg config as I donā€™t see the box to untick in Nvidia Settings.

on this link he said :
Run nvidia settings as root and try unticking ā€˜include x display names in configuration fileā€™ when you make changes.

i do that

then reboot pc and nothing saved :frowning:

Then Iā€™m out of ideas sorry.

no problem and thank u for ur time

I use colord + colord-kde

cannot understand you

sorry bad english

colord+colord-kde

reads the monitor data ā€œedidā€ and creates an icc for the correct setting of the monitor. The monitor must of course be capable of this.
I have uninstalled Kgamma. It does not harmonise. I donā€™t think Kgamma and nvidia-settings harmonise either.

DeepL Translate

Easy to fix:

Open System Settings:
and under Workspace>Startup and Shutdown>Autostart
click on Add>Add Application
then click on Settings>nvidia x server settings

then click on Properties from the nvidia x server settings>Application

and under Commands you copy this:

/usr/bin/nvidia-settings -l

DONE!

1 Like

there no workspace in system settings so cannot found startup and shutdown option

aname - a
5.18.19-3-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Tue Aug 23 15:56:13 UTC 2022 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Search for ā€œautoā€ and it should be listed.

Iā€™m sorry but if the Workspace section is missing from System Settings then youā€™ve got a broken system and thatā€™s a major problem beyond your color correction problem.