Not able to boot into Manjaro, Nvidia Driver problem after latest update

After following other thread on this forum to fix the problems caused by latest update, i was able to login and access manjaro. I noticed nvidia drivers were not installed and hence I wanted to install it, which lead me to brick my system and now I can’t boot into the system or access Terminal by CTRL+ALT+F1/F2/F3/F4/F5/F6.

I can edit the grub menu and change the line of linux which ends with rw quiet to rw 3, which allows me to access console.
I can also boot into live usb stick and do manjaro-chroot -a
and then access the terminal.

I removed other drivers i guess by following other thread somewhere here and ended up removing windows boot option in the grub menu completely. Manjaro is still not booting up.

I had installed optimus manager before the update which allowed me to switch b/w intel and nvidia card.

Can anyone please guide me? I tried searching lot of posts on forums but still no luck, and I would just end up bricking my pc more as I’m a beginner to linux.

I used live usb and removed all drivers and installed free drivers, now I’m able to boot normally.

I also feel dumb that I ignored this post here before: [Support/How-To] Compile old/legacy Nvidia Proprietary Drivers [2020-12-30 Update Issue]

I used it to compile 455 drivers and now things are working fine. Sorry again for the spam.

Well, that was one way. Thing is, The 455 line is supported so all you had to do was:

sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300

See; Configure NVIDIA (non-free) settings and load them on Startup - Manjaro

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.