Noob: User Icon on LightDM Greeter and the Manjaro User Icon

I have changed the icon for my primary manjaro user account using the Manjaro Settings Manager GUI. The icon updated for the manjaro user account as expected, and I noticed that it also updated the user profile icon displayed in the whisker menu. So far so good.

I would like this same icon to display next to my account name at the LightDM Greeter login screen. Is this even possible? The default user icon can be changed, but the user icons you can choose are not the same as those in the manjaro user account settings GUI.

Copy your avatar image into /var/lib/AccountsService/users and name it something that ends in .face.

You may also have to edit /etc/lightdm.conf to enable showing user avatars, but Iā€™m not certain ā€” Iā€™m using Plasma here. :wink:

1 Like

If I recall, Mugshot is/was included in the xfce default installation:

Boom. That was the key! Thanks, @jrichard326.

One further note: If you want to use your own custom icon, it must be moved into /usr/share/pixmaps/faces.

etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf and /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf do not have an option to show/hide user image

Configuration of default-user-image is located in /etc/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.