Noisetorch dependencies

After the last update where Pipewire got updated I noticed that the package Noisetorch, from repositories, needs pulseaudio as required dependencies when this should be an optional one as it works also on Pipewire.
This dependency stopped me from updating, and had to remove Noisetorch package to do it.

I noticed it on the unstable branch.

Can this be fixed?

Thank you

(Hope this topic is on the right section)

AUR (en) - noisetorch

ZeNCUSioN commented on 2024-08-03 18:23 (UTC)

As of Aug 3, 2024, noisetorch pkgbuild depends on pulseaudio and can no longer be used with pipewire-pulse due to the following conflict: pipewire-pulse (1:1.2.2-1) breaks dependency ‘pulseaudio’ required by noisetorch

pipewire-pulse in the repo has migrated to using pulse-native-provider and no longer provides pulseaudio in its pkgbuild.

See the pipewire July 17 commits here: Commits · main · Arch Linux / Packaging / Packages / pipewire · GitLab

Also discussion in pipewire issue #10 here: Why does `pipewire-pulse` no longer declare `provides=(pulseaudio)`? (#10) · Issues · Arch Linux / Packaging / Packages / pipewire · GitLab

1 Like

Please remember that AUR is unsupported - both on Arch Linux and Manjaro Linux.

I moved your topic to AUR and tagged it with pipewire and pulseaudio and noisetorch

Please see → [Need-To-Know] About Manjaro and AUR

While the above is true - I wasn’t aware that noisetorch is in the repos

$ mbn info noisetorch -q
Branch         : unstable
Name           : noisetorch
Version        : 0.12.2-2
Repository     : extra
Build Date     : Fri 26 Apr 2024 19:51:15 
Packager       : Philip Mueller <philm@manjaro.org>

Branch         : testing

Branch         : stable

AUR            : ------
Version        : 0.12.2-4
Date           : Tue 06 Aug 2024 03:16:35 
Url            : https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/noisetorch

@philm - I think you forgot to upload the PKGBUILD for this …

Arch maintainers changed PKGBUILD for latest version of pipewire-pulse by replacing provides=(pulseaudio) with provides=(pulse-native-provider)

PKGBUILD for noisetorch was updated 2024-08-06
Change to pulse-native-provider - aur.git - AUR Package Repositories
Should be no problem building noisetorch after update

Cannot find noisetorch on Packages · GitLab

PulseAudio has been updated to include provides=(pulse-native-provider) and should not have an issue with either repository or AUR packages

1 Like

Neither can I - I would have created an issue had it been there - it has been seen before - Philip experiments or work on a side project - upload to the repo and forget about it - until such day issues arise from it.

@Yochanan - perhaps you can look at this ?

If the AUR package had not been updated, user could edit the PKGBUILD, but that is not an option for repository packages

Noisetorch 0.12.2-4 has been released to all Manjaro branches to replace pulseaudio dependency with pulse-native-provider

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.