No theme on new ISO

hello. I just finished my fresh manjaro installation. New user new SSD. Using Manjaro with propietary nvidia driver option.

Using the new iso I downloaded today, manjaro-kde-23.1.3-240113-linux66, it install successfully but when I log in into desktop session, there no wallpaper, no panels. Only a cursor that I can move around.

However installing using old iso, manjaro-kde-23.0.4-231015-linux65, worked just fine.

I forgot to take a picture. but I don’t want to install the broken iso again, but I still have the home directory.

1 Like

don’t bother - pictures are next to useless …

Did you remember to verify the ISO after download?

We have various scripts which can handle the task

You don’t need to install anything - just keep your system in sync - and no - you will not miss anything.

Several others have reported something similar. They seem to have had success following forum member ydar’s suggestion to select X11 instead of Wayland at the log-in screen.

hmm, I usually don’t verify checksum, I trust xdman 100%. It’s very reliable download manager.

I tested just now, the checksum matched.
I checked the file that are copied to the Ventoy USB drive instead of the downloaded one.

One thing that I thought was a step back from the previous iso is the partition assignment for /boot/efi.

Usually I can just make a partition, and assign the mount point to /boot/efi. And just go to next step.
But this time, the installer complained and asked me to set the mount point to /boot. So I set it to /boot but the installer still complained.
Turns out I need to check the “boot” flag in there. Usually I don’t have to do that in previous iso installers. I was confused for a while.