No sound on internal mic

Hello!

I recently installed Manjaro, and at first I did not have sound at all. I managed to get my output sound working by creating a conf file in /etc/modprobe.d containing the following (I guess some lines are redundant but I’m too afraid to change anything since it works):

options snd_hda_intel enable=1 index=1
options snd-hda-intel model=dell-headset-multi
options snd-hda-intel power_save=1
options snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0
options snd-hda-intel model=laptop-amic enable=yes

My computer is an Acer Swift 5. I have pulseaudio installed. The mic does appear in pavucontrol, but no sound is detected, even by changing the gain or putting one of the channels to zero.
I can provide any useful information.

Thanks in advance,
arli

Two of the options may not be needed, but they do not relate to a microphone connection so it should be ok to leave them in place

options snd_hda_intel enable=1 index=1
options snd-hda-intel power_save=1

and keep the patch for the headset microphone

options snd-hda-intel model=dell-headset-multi

But you should probably remove the final 2 options

options snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0
options snd-hda-intel model=laptop-amic enable=yes

Your system has a digital microphone array (dmic) so the option for an analog microphone (amic) would not work

If you are using an older kernel (v5.4 or earlier) option snd-hda-intel dmic_detect=0
would disable detection of the internal digital microphones that are not supported by older kernels

But If you are using a later kernel (v5.8 or later) this option will only cause errors in system journal
advising the option is deprecated and should be replaced with options snd-intel-dspcfg dsp_driver=1 to disable dmic detection

Archwiki mentions the new modprobe option and has a link to a bug report from last year that probably no longer applies [ Acer Swift 5 - ArchWiki ] because most of the bugs with the new sof-firmware drivers were resolved later in the year