As a newbie I did a fresh dual boot install of KDE 21.2 pre1 and struggle a bit with the network card drivers for Realtek rtl8723au. After searching the forum and internet I wasn’t able to fix the problem.
- inxi has no entry for network card, only for bluetooth, technically both are the same device.
- Wifi works despite no inxi entry and I can connect and surf the net
- internet speed is quite slow compared to Windows. Seems like connection is not stable.
As far as I understand it the driver for this card is part of the kernel, that’s why wifi works. I am confused though why inxi does not show a proper entry for it. Also there is no entry in /etc/modprobe.d, if that’s important?
Here is what I did so far:
- installed rtl8723au_bt_dkms from AUR in addition → it didnt help (only BT drivers I think)
- downgraded to LTS kernel 5.10 - > it didn’t help
Is there anything I can do to get a proper driver setup for the network card and have a faster and more stable connection?
Thanks for your help!
inxi -Fxxxz shows this:
Network: Message: No device data found. IF-ID-1: wlp0s20u5i2 state: up mac: <filter> Bluetooth: Device-1: Realtek RTL8723AU 802.11n WLAN Adapter type: USB driver: btusb,rtl8xxxu bus-ID: 2-5:3 chip-ID: 0bda:1724 class-ID: e001 serial: <filter> Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 2 state: up address: see --recommends