No internet connection via Ethernet after windscribe-cli

Helllo.

5.8.6-1-MANJARO
ManjaroLinux 20.1
GNOME Shell 3.36.6

Installed AUR package windscribe-cli (vpn). It did not work. Uninstalled it. I now do not have a working internet connection via Ethernet. Computer is used for my programming hobbies, but with corona - it is now my kids school computer. Any help is appreciated.

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

Please read this:

and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

:innocent:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU you have, …

This may help.

1 Like

Not sure how you need more details like my desktop environment, when I posted it with the version. Did you read the original post?

Regardless, I figured out my issue.

/etc/resolv.conf was an empty file.

/etc/resolv.conf.bak
# Generated by NetworkManager
search Belkin
nameserver 192.168.2.1

sudo mv /etc/resolv.conf.bak /etc/resolv.conf

1 Like

Yes I did and my apologoies for being unclear. What I was trying to say with the PS is to enter this information only once in your profile:

2020-10-04_00-03

so you never have to post it again…
:innocent:

P.S. kudos for sorting out your own issue!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.