No desktop environment after deleting and reinstalling pulseaudio

Hi, I am migrating from Mac to Manjaro Linux. Currently I have a disk with double boot and due to a problem with the audio I completely uninstalled the pulseaudio and then reinstalled it, however, when I restart the computer I can only access the CLI and I cannot see the graphical environment of the Gnome desktop that I had.

When I type “startx” I receive the following information:

“Something went wrong. A problem occurred and the system cannot recover. Please log out and try again.”

I’ve done:

“Syyu”

“pamac build apulse”

Since I’m a novice, I don’t know how to copy the text after executing the inxi -Fazy command, so I’ve taken a picture of it.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer me, as I already had many things configured in this installation.

Thanks,

Matias

Check /var/log/pacman.log for any packages you might have uninstalled alongsinde pulseaudio.

1 Like

I don’t know about gnome but presume its similar as cinnamon is based on gnome. Removing pulseaudio removes the cinnamon desktop and you have to reinstall cinnamon from tty. Try reinstalling gnome because its likely the same

2 Likes

Hi I have tried several things but I have not been able to solve the problem. Probably due to my little experience. So I have finally done a new clean install. Thank you very much for your suggestions and support. A greeting!!!