No complete boot after adding RAM AMD AM4

I just installed 2 new 16gb ram sticks.

They are identical to my current RAM:

G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin SDRAM (PC4-28800) DDR4 3600 CL16-19-19-39 1.35V Dual Channel Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-32GVKC

and Manjaro will not boot. They are recognized by the UEFI bios and are configured properly, passing all POST checks.

Its never the same outcome after every boot.

1. Will make it to the Majaro loading screen with the 3 elipsis performing a loading animation, with the elipsis fading out and the screen seeming to freeze.

2 . I will get this sometimes:

1. Others I will get a POST failure prompt, but it detects the proper ammount of memory:

2. Other times it will just black screen

The RAM is good as it will boot with the 2 new sticks inserted, the 2 old sticks inserted, and 1 old and 1 new stick mixed and matched.

They have XMP, and are detected by my Asus motherboard XMP settings with the proper clock freq and latency settings.

Some Specs:

Manjaro 6.1.21
AMD R9 3900x
RTX 3080
800w PSU
Asus Prime X570-PRO

I have no clue what is causing this nonsense.

Weird. It will boot with 3 sticks inserted and detect them no issue:

I add the fourth module, and after the bios screen 3 screenfuls of terminal output gets dropped, which it never does, and I get to here:

And it freezes and becomes unresponsive.

I figured it out.

I did not understand that DOCP is apparently specifc to just a set of paired RAM. Even if you have the EXACT RAM stick x4, this does not mean the DOCP for a dual channel kit is still relevant. I enabled the DOCP then I had to manually increase the voltage from the BIOS specified 1.35v to 1.38v and everything seems stable. Ill run a memtest before when I go to bed.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.