No Audio On Reboot?

This is somewhat similar to No Audio After Suspend? - #5, but after the last update, no there isn’t any audio at boot.

Pipewire is started:

sarah@MidnightStarSign:~$ systemctl --user status pipewire
● pipewire.service - Multimedia Service
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/pipewire.service; disabled; vendor preset: e>
     Active: active (running) since Wed 2021-08-18 12:04:44 EDT; 10min ago
TriggeredBy: ● pipewire.socket
   Main PID: 2966 (pipewire)
      Tasks: 2 (limit: 77043)
     Memory: 29.8M
        CPU: 2.583s
     CGroup: /user.slice/user-1000.slice/user@1000.service/session.slice/pipewire.servi>
             └─2966 /usr/bin/pipewire

Aug 18 12:04:44 MidnightStarSign systemd[2530]: Started Multimedia Service.

And ALSA and Pipewire are running:

sarah@MidnightStarSign:~$ inxi -A
Audio:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GA104 High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
  Device-2: AMD Starship/Matisse HD Audio driver: snd_hda_intel 
  Device-3: JMTek LLC. Plugable USB Audio Device type: USB 
  driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid 
  Device-4: Schiit Audio Schiit Modi 3+ type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio 
  Device-5: ASUSTek ASUS AI Noise-Cancelling Mic Adapter type: USB 
  driver: hid-generic,snd-usb-audio,usbhid 
  Device-6: Microdia USB 2.0 Camera type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo 
  Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.10.59-1-MANJARO running: yes 
  Sound Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.33 running: yes

Yet no audio plays over the headset (to avoid amplifier / speaker issues):

Killing Clementine and restarting Clementine does not help.

How can I restore audio?

EDIT 1:

I just noticed as well that applications don’t switch to a new audio source selected (like if I switched to the ASUS AI Noise Cancelling source, Clementine doesn’t migrate over, neither does pavucontrol. I can see this when I try and adjust the volume using the keyboard shortcut for volume up, it raises the previous audio source’s volume level instead of the current source’s volume level (The Schiit is currently changed to 95%, despite ASUS being selected).

I’m having sound issues too- began 2 updates ago. I’ve looked for answers and applied commands, deleted software, reinstalled Manjaro (which ya know wipes the HD). I detached the battery for the ROM in case there was some sort of command being held in that to disable my audio and I finally cracked a donor PC, swiped the working speakers, cracked my laptop, pulled the speakers and installed the donor. No speaker sound still- Headphones work. Then there was a very large update where among other things a large adobe font- jp was downloaded, but in any event took a long time considering that I just installed Manjaro again- from their server and had 1 update right after and have not installed any other software. I’ve also written to the forum hoping that there might be a solution but so far I’ve only received the advice to follow the release notes concerning sound which was the very first thing I did when my sound didn’t come up (and several times after it was suggested again.) I don’t have bluetooth on this laptop and the update contained pulseaudio bluetooth last night–I thought simple fix would be to remove the bluetooth but Manjaro’s add and remove software states that pulseaudio (which is the sound system) depends on pulseaudio bluetooth. Not everyone has bluetooth…believe it or not but most have audio even if a beep. Seems illogical for sound drivers to require bluetooth–but sure that it made sense at the time to those in the know. Very frustrating. I have a student that will be requiring sound for classes next week so it is a fine time to have to try out new OS to make possible.

My issue is a bit different.

Audio is broken at first, but then becomes very “sticky” as to what audio source it wants. If I try and change it (essential for my job / daily operations) I have to restart pipewire, and pipewire-pulse.