No Audio(HP Pavillion 15 new install)

So i’ve been searching the forums and trying to find a solution to this - i have installed Manjaro onto a laptop and was looking to have the audio working for classes and videos and such(and maybe some light gaming), but so far i have not been able to get the audio working. I’ve tried a few things such as installing sof-firmware and pipewire, to no avail. I have no option to select an audio device besides “GP107GL Pro Audio” which i can select and pretends to have audio, but nothing is being output with any of the audio given to it. I am /somewhat/ new to linux but i managed to use Linux Mint for about 4 months on my primary gaming desktop for several months without much of an issue so i was looking to get my laptop on that same move if possible and so far i do like Manjaro so figured this would be the best way to get help. I installed via Rufus USB stick

To elaborate that if you need me to post something, please explain like i’m 5. I’m not tech illiterate mind you, but don’t know a ton about linux other than some sudo commands and how to copy and paste. More than happy to supply more info to find a resolution.

Please & Thank you for any help

Also, i am at work so replies may be slow but i will be checking back(in case this forum has any slow reply rules)

Hi @rkhale01 and welcome to the Manjaro community.

I’m afraid not many will offer that level of hand-holding. You are expected to be confident enough to perform your own research as needed.

To that end the forum has many resources only a Search away; the Tutorials category is also worth investigating.

The more information you provide, the more likely it is that you will receive quality responses. Remember that nobody here has a crystal ball; that is, they are not mind-readers.

A good starting point usually is to provide (technical) details of your system, rather than a general model number, for example. This would help others to help more effectively.

As a new user, please take some time to familiarise yourself with Forum requirements; in particular, the many ways to use the forum to your benefit:

Once you have read through information at that link you will have learned about types of information often needed, and how best to present it in a readable fashion. For example, please provide the output of the following commands;

system information;

inxi --admin --verbosity=8 --filter --no-host --width

and recent logs;

journalctl --boot=-1 --priority=3 --catalog --no-pager

I hope this helps. Cheers.