Newest update breaks system

The latest update is breaking my system and showing the error below in the picture. As you can see the manjaro login screen looks different and when I try logging in it just freezes. I had to restore using tty and timeshift.

The issue reads as in the picture:

The current theme cannot be loaded due to the errors below. please select another theme.

file:///usr/shar/sddm/themes/breath2/Main.qml: plugin cannot be loaded for module "org.kde.plasma.core": Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/core/libcoreblindingsplugin.so:(/usr/lib/libKF5KIOWidgets.so.5:undefined symbol: _ZNKSolid13StorageAccess11isEncryptedEv)

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, were you using a custom KDE/SDDM theme before running the update?

No sir, just default theme. Also I’m using breath2 theme for my system.

Another good case for having a backup plan. :slight_smile:

So this is weird because I did have an issue before where my system switched to git packages and I did that fix. But to make sure I ran this command

sudo pacman -S kcoreaddons kdbusaddons kwindowsystem kcodecs kconfig kirigami2 kquickimageeditor knotifications ki18n kauth kcompletion kconfigwidgets kcrash kglobalaccel kservice ktexteditor kwallet kiconthemes kjobwidgets ktextwidgets kxmlgui kbookmarks kio kparts

I get this output:

[sudo] password for vanishing: 
warning: kcoreaddons-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kdbusaddons-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kwindowsystem-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kcodecs-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kconfig-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kirigami2-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kquickimageeditor-0.1.3-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: knotifications-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: ki18n-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kauth-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kcompletion-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kconfigwidgets-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kcrash-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kglobalaccel-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kservice-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: ktexteditor-5.82.0-2 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kwallet-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kiconthemes-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kjobwidgets-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: ktextwidgets-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kxmlgui-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kbookmarks-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kio-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kparts-5.82.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (24) kauth-5.82.0-1  kbookmarks-5.82.0-1  kcodecs-5.82.0-1  kcompletion-5.82.0-1  kconfig-5.82.0-1  kconfigwidgets-5.82.0-1
              kcoreaddons-5.82.0-1  kcrash-5.82.0-1  kdbusaddons-5.82.0-1  kglobalaccel-5.82.0-1  ki18n-5.82.0-1  kiconthemes-5.82.0-1  kio-5.82.0-1
              kirigami2-5.82.0-1  kjobwidgets-5.82.0-1  knotifications-5.82.0-1  kparts-5.82.0-1  kquickimageeditor-0.1.3-1  kservice-5.82.0-1
              ktexteditor-5.82.0-2  ktextwidgets-5.82.0-1  kwallet-5.82.0-1  kwindowsystem-5.82.0-1  kxmlgui-5.82.0-1

Total Installed Size:  93.01 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:       0.00 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 

Which means I shouldn’t have any git kde packages right?

1 Like

Lets ask the package manager - it should know :slight_smile: :

$ pacman -Qs '\-git$'
1 Like

So I found 4 kde git packages and reinstalled the normal repo packages, updated and restarted and I am still getting the same error.

in error:

kio widget storage access is encrypted

home is encrypted ? if, with?
you can login by tty ?

Nothing should be encrypted. When I was installing manjaro I didn’t check any encryption options from the installer. I can login by tty. That’s how I’ve been restoring through timeshift. I’m currently logged in to my system since I’ve restored so if you need me to run any commands please let me know.

Thank you very much , I had the same problem as the author, the problem was in kf5-git, I performed sudo pacman-S kf5, I agreed with everything, and everything worked

1 Like

So it turns out there was still some git packages that I was missing and didn’t switch over (didn’t know these were KDE packages. These packages were solid, sonnet, and attica.

For the future if anyone runs into the same issue, try one of the following or both:

sudo pacman -S kf5

or

pacman -S kcoreaddons kdbusaddons kwindowsystem kcodecs kconfig kirigami2 kquickimageeditor knotifications ki18n kauth kcompletion kconfigwidgets kcrash kglobalaccel kservice ktexteditor kwallet kiconthemes kjobwidgets ktextwidgets kxmlgui kbookmarks kio kparts karchive kwidgetsaddons kitemviews kguiaddons attica sonnet solid

also this might be handy if your trying to figure out which git packages you might still need to switch over (thanks to @freggel.doe ):

$ pacman -Qs '\-git$'
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.