Newbie help keeping system happy

Hi.

I am going to download the latest Gnome image release for Raspberry Pi 4. I downloaded 23.02 and ran into a load of problems updating the system, but hopefully the newest image will fix that.

I want to ask about updates and what is the correct procedure for a happy system.

When I flash Arm Gnome onto the Pi 4 what is the correct update procedure?

If I download the latest release (which is 3 days old) will I be on stable, testing or untested? What channel is the best on to be on?

I keep on reading about ‘AUR’. What is this?

Thanks.

From another post on this forum, I think you might find that helpful. Seems like a good approach to me.

AUR is a package repository with much more software than in the Manjaro repository, but it is not supported by Manjaro, so use at your own risk. You can view it on Arch website.

At least on x86, the iso is always set to stable branch on default. And since you are newbie, keep it that way.
If you have to ask what AUR is (meaning you have not read any wiki/tutorial) - do not enable it. It requires some knowledge to manage properly without breaking anything else.

1 Like

It’s the Arch User Repository.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_User_Repository

Not supported by Arch either.

I found this wiki article helped me with some basic maintenance tips, and might help you:

1 Like