New to linux, ARM, manjaro, raspberry pi 4, everything tbh

okay, so im literally just now stepping into the linux world and everything else listed in the title, I’ve figured out a few things with help of tutorials. I am however running into an issue getting a wired usb 8bitdo SN30 Pro controller up and running and would like some help. not sure if posting in the right place. tutorials and as much info available would be greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:
(notes: i am running this on a raspberry pi 4 and im just trying to get it recognized in dolphin)

I don’t know this hardware. Does it have mainline Linux support according to the manufactorer?

This controller looks pretty spiffy… I hope it works, I have interest in it.

You might need to update the firmware of your controller, which is only available on Windows. So you’ll have to boot into a Windows computer to update it.

Their website also says it’s compatible with:

Raspberry Pi

Bluetooth® 2.0 and above
2B, 2B+, 3B, Zero

No mention of Raspberry Pi 4

It should work under linux, at least the Bluetooth 8bitdo controllers do and USB gamepads are pretty standard.

The Android Section of the SN30 device manual can help you with pairing the device. If it requires a firmware update after attempting pairing you can use fwupmgr to install the available device firmware updates. If the controller doesn’t appear when running ‘get-device’ attempt pairing again until it shows up or inspect/troubleshoot your controller connection. Hope this was helpful and good luck.

thanks everyone! the windows update path seemed to work for it. now considering i know nothing how this linux world works, my next project is to get vulkan on dolphin working on the mankojaro version of manjaro with this raspberry pi 4.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.