New kde/plasma firewall page missing

i’m not seeing the new firewall page in system settings > network

kernal 5.12
kde/plasma 5.21.4
last time i installed Manjaro i used the minimal installer so i don’t know if that has anything to do with it

if you mean the firewall configuration,i think you need to install it.
i’m not sure how it’s called,maybe Plasma-firewall.

1 Like

Hi @majik, and welcome!

Are you looking for the plasma-firewall package? If so, I have a strong suspicion it needs to be installed separately. It’s in the repositories:

$ pamac search plasma-firewall

plasma-firewall-git                                                                                                                                                                          5.20.90.r459.g8d2e52a-1  community
Control Panel for your system firewall
plasma-firewall                                                                                                                                                                              5.21.4-1                 extra
Control Panel for your system firewall

You can install it from the terminal:

$ sudo pamac install plasma-firewall

Kind regards,

1 Like

thank you both for your help - i actually searched the packages and missed the plasma-firewall package

note to others - i had ufw/gufw installed and when i installed plasma-firewall and optional dep. firewalld, i chose to remove ufw at the same time, then when i tried to activate the new firewall i got an error - a reboot cleaned everything up and all was good

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.