New dark theme for the forum available

This Manjaro Dark theme was really nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nice theme. I hope you keep the other Dark theme, more choice is often better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No worries, it’s on git for a feedback and I don’t have any personal feelings invested in this. The old dark theme is still available, we can probably tweak that too.

1 Like

The main tweaks it needs is the highlight colors and the bottom.
I cant really think of anything besides that.
(Yes its missing some of the flashier things like the topbar … guess its ‘minimal-dark’)

1 Like

You mean that extra search bar that the light theme has? I disabled it for the dark theme to test if it affects the page load times.

Very nice, although I still apply my edits from this topic: Dark Forum theme edits which mostly makes it look a tad better, except for the bottom, because the background on the buildings is not transparant, although the image file is png… So if I change the background color, it goes from black to grey in the footer.

@Chrysostomus If I have sugestions, should I post them on Gitlab (then I have to make an account), or should I post them here?

Edit: Yeah I think I stick with that one for now and tweak it a bit more. Would be nice if it is kept as an option.

No I mean the teal >>>>> image header.

Thank you! Please also enable automatic theme switching, see this thread:

i agree - the “old” darktheme with green highlights and a corrected bottom bar would be perfect :+1:
The new darktheme is not really bad and visually appealing, but its too “flashy” for my taste, i like it more “out of my way” :slight_smile:

Gitlab would be the best. You can also make the edits directly there with a Merge request. If you know css it is very simple to edit. Even I can do it and I don’t actually know css.

I’ll look into it, thanks for the tip.

This is not outside the realm of possibilities.

3 Likes

Excellent, well done!

Maybe the flash fade out should begin with a darker pallette to be softer to the eyes. Less turquoise (which contains more blue), more green like in the banner.

1 Like

Good idea

reaction background is obnoxiously bright

The chosen font is harder to read than the one from the normal dark theme and some font colors are too dark against the (relativly bright) backround:
Post headings and links for example, even more so when they appear in quoted posts:

All in all: I had to switch back.

I really like it. Good job :+1:

Okay, we did some tweaks to it with @bogdancovaciu. Not quite complete yet, but should be a step in the right direction.

1 Like

What do you mean with highlight colors ?

ex:

Theres probably more I forgot to … um … highlight. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 values to change not too hard

:root {
    --tertiary: #35bf5c; /* logo manjaro color */
    --tertiary-low-or-tertiary-high: #35bf5c; /* scroll bar in messages */
}

@cscs You mean that they are blue instead of green? I like it blue and the Material theme already has al that green in it.

Btw. on the new Manjaro dark Material theme the nr next to emoticons is not visible:
no-icons
On light theme version:
icons

Edit: To fix this you have to change class post-retort__count , for example:

.post-retort__count {
color: var(--primary-low-mid);
}