Network suddenly misconfigured? Can't access internet

Hi there,

My computer has been working fine until today and nothing related to network settings has been tinkered with as far as I know.

I woke up the computer today only to find that it isn’t connecting to any websites, even after re-adding my ethernet and wireless connections.

Just to make it clear in the below text, my problem computer is 192.168.1.2 and my router can be accessed via 192.168.1.1.

I can’t ping anything such as 8.8.8.8 because the “network is unreachable” so I thought I’d do the following to recreate the connection manually:

ip address add 192.168.1.2/24 dev enp5s0
ip route add defauly via 192.168.1.1 dev enp5s0

But still nothing. This is what “ip route show” has at the moment:

default via 192.168.1.1 dev enp5s0
192.168.1.0/24 dev enp5s0 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.1.2

Then there’s the resolv.conf (can’t remember if it was always like this or should be like this):

# Generated by NetworkManager
search Home
nameserver 192.168.1.1

Can someone please point out what’s wrong with any of the above and what else I need to add or do here to connect to the internet?

Otherwise, is there a way to “factory reset” just the network related configs, settings and files so I can start from scratch?

provide system info:
inxi -Faz

If you are using hibernation on a wifi networked - your wifi has been powered off - restarting your system may mitigate this.

Apologies for the late reply, here are the two interfaces I use:

Network:
  Device-1: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel pcie: gen: 2
    speed: 5 GT/s lanes: 1 bus-ID: 04:00.0 chip-ID: 8086:2723 class-ID: 0280
  IF: wlp4s0 state: up mac: <filter>
  Device-2: Intel I211 Gigabit Network vendor: Gigabyte driver: igb
    v: kernel pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s lanes: 1 port: f000 bus-ID: 05:00.0
    chip-ID: 8086:1539 class-ID: 0200
  IF: enp5s0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>

For whatever reason, following this guide to set up a static IP for the wireless interface (wlp4s0) managed to get that one working so I can now access the internet through the wireless interface.

However the same instructions don’t work for the ethernet/wired interface (enp5s0). Ideally I’d like to run off the wired interface by default, but currently this isn’t able to work.

I’ve also tried numerous restarts, attempting to connect via different Desktop Environments but to no avail.

Any other ideas as to what could be going on? Or better yet, now that the wireless interface is working, is there a place where its settings are stored which I can export and/or carry over to the wired interface?