Network Driver is not installed

Someone please help, I did a full system upgrade with yay -Syu earlier and I rebooted and now my network drivers aren’t installed and I can’t install it because I don’t have an internet connection. What do I do?

You’re probably missing the firmware package. It would therefore be best if you were to tell us what network adapter you have. Then we can take it from there.

how do I find that

Check the website of the manufacturer of the motherboard (or laptop).

I know the hardware of most of it but I don’t know the network adapter no, this machine was a prebuilt, but most stuff is upgraded but I haven’t had to touch the network card

if this helps: in mwhd I see "Network controller Realtek Semiconductor Co. Ltd “network-r8168”

Hmm, that firmware should normally be installed already, and the driver with it. :thinking:

What kernel are you running?

yea, this issue only happened after I updated all my packages with yay -Syu earlier then rebooted, then I kept getting notifications saying my wireless connection deactivated.

I’m running kernel 5.10.93-1

Hmm… I think I’m gonna let somebody else handle this. I know very little about WiFi. :man_shrugging:

Sorry. :slightly_frowning_face:

turns out my ethernet port on my router gave up. Sorry for the troubles! just shifted my router’s Ethernet cables around and now everything is fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.