Network connection issues trying to install anything from systemsettings

The title pretty much says it, i keep getting Network error 4 most of the time even trying to just browse the list of available whatevers.
As far as i can tell everything is affected, themes, scripts, anything systemsettings.
Occasionally it works after taking 2-3 minutes to process, which is super weird…
The system was recently installed from a ~month old iso and this is bugging me since day 1.
Needless to say that im not experiencing any issues with connectivity otherwise whatsoever.

The only thing i could find is a warning from systemsettings5 itself:

file:///usr/share/kpackage/genericqml/org.kde.systemsettings.sidebar/contents/ui/SubCategoryPage.qml:158:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arg
uments>) { ... }
file:///usr/share/kpackage/genericqml/org.kde.systemsettings.sidebar/contents/ui/SubCategoryPage.qml:148:9: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arg
uments>) { ... }
QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/AbstractApplicationItem.qml:94: TypeError: Cannot read property 'position' of null
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/AbstractApplicationItem.qml:93: TypeError: Cannot read property 'background' of null

The problem isn’t at your end. It’s a well-known problem with store.kde.org. Their server often gets overloaded and then you get connection issues. :wink:

1 Like

Wow, ok thanks for the heads up. I was looking for whatever it is that broke like an idiot. ;o
The weired thing is, my roommate whos running KDE on stock Arch doesent have any issues…
Which is even weirder considering this appears to be a related server issue.

Well, multiple people have reported it, and if I remember correctly, then somebody posted a link to an article that described that the problem was at the server’s end.

Maybe it’s only periodic? :man_shrugging:

Guess ill give it a late night try then and see…
Than again, it worked just fine on sayd roommates Desktop just a couple hours ago.
Anywho, thanks again mate. At least i can stop wasting my time. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What you could try is install ocs-url from the AUR. Manjaro doesn’t carry that in its own repos.

pamac build ocs-url

In KDE Plasma, if you have problems with your network connection timing out while trying to get new themes, backgrounds, icons, etc, from settings, try reinstalling the package “KNewStuff” in your package manager- this worked for me.

https://api.kde.org/frameworks/knewstuff/html/index.html?fbclid=IwAR15WKvkeX6vSVOrBSdXwxnuvaUhYe1iQeSv2SxOF_fqWEy_bj6mDGOOlFU

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.