Neofetch doesn't display images

Is there any tipp what could i do about it?

What exactly are you talking about? (How are you running neofetch, in which terminal and which image.)

See the Neofetch wiki:

1 Like

I have all the dependencies installed, but in xfceterminal it dosent work in kitty it disapears right away.

I believe I found the solutions:
Download the package name openssl-3.0.7-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst from here, unpack it in a local directory. Inside the unpacked directory you will find two so.3 files named libcrypto.so.3 and libssl.so.3
Copy these two files as sudo to your /usr/lib64 directory. After that chown them both:

$ chown root:root /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.3
$ chown root:root /usr/lib64/libssl.so.3

and after that add permision 755 to both files:

$ chmod 755 /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.3
$ chmod 755 /usr/lib64/libssl.so.3

Now it should work.
Unfortunately myself still experiencing problems, because the images still appear that disappear again for some reason. When i run the command w3m google.com the google image displays only when I am scrolling (just like described here under “The table below lists my testing of various terminal emulators, what works and what doesn’t.”).
Anyway, for some people works in xfce4-terminal fine.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

:no_entry: :point_up:

No you haven’t - /usr/lib64 is a symlink to /usr/lib - and all systems has openssl installed - so this doesn’t change a bit - but could be creating other issues if you overwrite newer system files with older ones.

You were absolutely right. I had to remove these lastly added files because I couldn’t update my system today. So I had to remove them manually and start the -Syyu update again.
But the new update solved my solution. The images still will not be properly displayed in xfce terminal, but wiki link above said, “Image disappears on window focus and resize”.